AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
08-14-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
just noticed that hardware acceleration still works on 14.6 with my 290x using pixel clock patcher 1.2.4 but stops working if im using the newer patchers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2014, 08:47 AM
I found an issue which i believe is connected to this patch. Youtube videos are black on Chrome with the patch installed. They work on Mozilla and IE but not on Chrome. The audio still runs though. Disabling hardware acceleration doesn't fix this. I tried to narrow down the culprit and it appears to be this patch. Does anyone know a way around this, other than using a different browser?
08-15-2014, 11:34 AM
(08-15-2014 08:47 AM)nolanb134 Wrote:  I found an issue which i believe is connected to this patch. Youtube videos are black on Chrome with the patch installed. They work on Mozilla and IE but not on Chrome. The audio still runs though. Disabling hardware acceleration doesn't fix this. I tried to narrow down the culprit and it appears to be this patch. Does anyone know a way around this, other than using a different browser?
Is this happening with the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders disabled? I'm not having problems playing videos in Chrome.

Issues with hardware acceleration are caused by the driver, not the patch. AMD's driver will not allow hardware acceleration to work if the driver is modified in any way.
08-16-2014, 05:15 AM
(08-15-2014 11:34 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-15-2014 08:47 AM)nolanb134 Wrote:  I found an issue which i believe is connected to this patch. Youtube videos are black on Chrome with the patch installed. They work on Mozilla and IE but not on Chrome. The audio still runs though. Disabling hardware acceleration doesn't fix this. I tried to narrow down the culprit and it appears to be this patch. Does anyone know a way around this, other than using a different browser?
Is this happening with the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders disabled? I'm not having problems playing videos in Chrome.

Issues with hardware acceleration are caused by the driver, not the patch. AMD's driver will not allow hardware acceleration to work if the driver is modified in any way.

Video acceleration actually works on version 1.2.4. I recently upgraded my drivers and it took me forever to figure out why video acceleration wasn't work anymore. Currently using catalyst 14.6 RC2.

Video acceleration on version 1.2.4 but not any of the later versions. Did something change in the later versions that may have resulted in this?
08-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Video acceleration has never worked with the patch. It may look like it's working, but it's probably falling back to software rendering. The workaround that completely disables it in later versions is required to avoid blue screens with 14.6 and 14.7.
08-18-2014, 09:45 PM
(08-17-2014 11:16 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Video acceleration has never worked with the patch. It may look like it's working, but it's probably falling back to software rendering. The workaround that completely disables it in later versions is required to avoid blue screens with 14.6 and 14.7.

Is that somehow related to my issue I noted in post #400?
08-21-2014, 03:17 AM
(08-18-2014 09:45 PM)kingwaffle Wrote:  Is that somehow related to my issue I noted in post #400?
I don't see how the problem is related to the patch or CRU. GPU acceleration should not be affected, only hardware acceleration with videos.

It's more likely an issue with mismatched timing between the two monitors. Desktop composition performance suffers when two monitors are not perfectly synchronized.
08-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Hi just joined the forum since id love to test the Pixel Clock Patcher. Unfortunatly all links ive tried in this thread (lets say 1.2.3-1.2.7) are corrupted with the new TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen7 trojan..

Are there any clean versions?
08-22-2014, 08:46 PM (Last edited: 08-23-2014, 05:03 AM by the9quad)
(08-17-2014 11:16 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Video acceleration has never worked with the patch. It may look like it's working, but it's probably falling back to software rendering. The workaround that completely disables it in later versions is required to avoid blue screens with 14.6 and 14.7.

It actually works in Mirrilis Action! I can stream to twitch using it at 1080p/30 fps while playing BF4 at 120-200 fps at 1440p on ultra. So I know it is working and working like a champ. And I am on a 4930k which doesnt have quicksync, so I am using AMD APP/VCE encoding.

example here:
http://www.twitch.tv/the9quad/b/559540249

edit*

Raptr just updated and now the GVR and the VCE accelerated recording and Twitch streaming are now working with the pixel patch! This has been broken since it released, but pointing them to your work paid off, they fixed it, I can't believe it.
08-24-2014, 12:56 PM
(08-22-2014 08:46 PM)the9quad Wrote:  It actually works in Mirrilis Action! I can stream to twitch using it at 1080p/30 fps while playing BF4 at 120-200 fps at 1440p on ultra. So I know it is working and working like a champ. And I am on a 4930k which doesnt have quicksync, so I am using AMD APP/VCE encoding.
OpenCL acceleration is not affected, only DirectX video acceleration.