AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
08-01-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(08-01-2015 10:06 PM)Black Octagon Wrote:  Toasty, there is one thing that doesn't work the same anymore in Windows 10. I can no longer right-click YouTube videos to 'disable hardware acceleration' for Flash videos. As a result, I'm getting instant full-screen corruption when surfing in 120Hz and accessing videos (or even basic things like Skype). Hoping you know another way to disable hardware acceleration, as that's what I always did in the past to get around this. In the meantime, I'm surfing at 96Hz. Thanks a lot.
That hasn't changed for me. YouTube uses HTML5 video where possible, so you might have to find something else with Flash to right-click on like the tree animation on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

I can't do anything about Skype though. The only way to get around that is to make sure the memory clock never changes. Either don't overclock the memory clock, or use MSI Afterburner's unofficial overclocking mode to force the video card to run at full speed all the time.

By the way, if you can get 120 Hz with "LCD reduced" timing, then you should be able to get at least 114 Hz with "LCD standard" timing, which should avoid the screen corruption issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2015, 11:10 PM
(08-01-2015 10:49 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That hasn't changed for me. YouTube uses HTML5 video where possible, so you might have to find something else with Flash to right-click on like the tree animation on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

I can't do anything about Skype though. The only way to get around that is to make sure the memory clock never changes. Either don't overclock the memory clock, or use MSI Afterburner's unofficial overclocking mode to force the video card to run at full speed all the time.

By the way, if you can get 120 Hz with "LCD reduced" timing, then you should be able to get at least 114 Hz with "LCD standard" timing, which should avoid the screen corruption issue.

Thanks. I already tried that tree but it again doesn't include the "disable hardware acceleration" option any more.

Seriously though, it all appears fixed now, even Skype. Either what I did in Internet Options did the trick, or something else that I changed today did the trick. The only other things I did today were:
1) Updated Catalyst drivers from Version 15.7 to 15.7.1, and
2) Used slightly less tight timings in CRU.

Guess it's possible my corruption issue wasn't due to hardware acceleration after all?
08-03-2015, 07:54 AM
(08-01-2015 11:10 PM)Black Octagon Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 10:49 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That hasn't changed for me. YouTube uses HTML5 video where possible, so you might have to find something else with Flash to right-click on like the tree animation on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Thanks. I already tried that tree but it again doesn't include the "disable hardware acceleration" option any more.

Seriously though, it all appears fixed now, even Skype. Either what I did in Internet Options did the trick, or something else that I changed today did the trick. The only other things I did today were:

Guess it's possible my corruption issue wasn't due to hardware acceleration after all?

I guess I missed it but what video card are you using? a 6970 or 7970? Are you overclocking the video memory at all?
08-05-2015, 06:42 PM
(08-03-2015 07:54 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:10 PM)Black Octagon Wrote:  

I guess I missed it but what video card are you using? a 6970 or 7970? Are you overclocking the video memory at all?

7970 sorry. Issue happens regardless of memory clock. Always has, though disabling Flash Player hardware acceleration in the past used to make this a very rare occurence.

I've settled on using 120Hz solely in-game. I use 96Hz for regular desktop work
08-22-2015, 02:45 PM (Last edited: 08-22-2015, 02:51 PM by ristar)
Hi hi,

Something strange happened... I'm not sure what I did exactly but GPU scaling stopped working for me once I used CRU (running a 6950). Was working fine 1-2days ago. I've since uninstalled the drivers and totally removed them and when reinstalling, the moment I start using CRU, the GPU scaling function stops working again (it's continually stuck on "use centered timings" which results in the resolution running in a box). Would appreciate any tips on how to get round this?

Drivers are: 15.7.1
Monitor: Crossover 2795
Windows 7 sp1 64bit

Edit: for more info
08-31-2015, 12:48 PM
Does anyone have any success with having dual monitors, one being an overclocked QNIX and the other a normal 60hz monitor??
08-31-2015, 10:24 PM
(08-31-2015 12:48 PM)krizz02 Wrote:  Does anyone have any success with having dual monitors, one being an overclocked QNIX and the other a normal 60hz monitor??

If you replace QNIX with Overlord Tempest then yes. Why do you ask?
09-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks. Totally fixed my problem by just installing the patches. I have been researching this issue for a month without success and the patches totally fixed it after install and with a restart. I had to go into display settings but now instead of the top resolution being 1080 it gave me the option for 4k resolution. Thanks. I am using a Seiki 39' TV and a AMD HD 3900 series video card. If anyone was wondering.
11-24-2015, 03:43 PM (Last edited: 11-24-2015, 03:59 PM by the9quad)
This issue with the latest AMD Crimson update, still works t hough:

[Image: http://www.the9quad.com/images/2015/11/24/2015-11-24_10-42-35.png]
11-24-2015, 10:11 PM
1.3.4 seems to be fully functional with the Crimson driver. It seems they merged the DVI/HDMI and HDMI limits, and it's being found as HDMI limit 2. I just need to update it to display properly.