AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
04-03-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Hi!
This does not work for me. I wanted to create a custom resolution for my new monitor. Wanted to do the 1350 trick with lightboost.
It does not let me do it on 120hz.
On 110hz it works fine because its just below 330mhz.
Does this only work with CRU?
I tried it with the AMD driver custom resolution.
Monitor: BenQ XZ2411Z
GPU: R9 390
Windows 10
send help! Exclamation

[Image: OW7odoa.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Just for clarifiaction
here are my settings
Exclamation
[Image: 4UZbDaR.png]
04-04-2016, 04:36 AM
(04-03-2016 02:40 PM)alex47 Wrote:  This does not work for me. I wanted to create a custom resolution for my new monitor. Wanted to do the 1350 trick with lightboost.
You have to use CRU. AMD's custom resolutions won't work with higher pixel clocks because of an API limitation, not a pixel clock limitation in the driver.
04-04-2016, 04:53 AM
(03-25-2016 01:32 PM)OctavioMaia Wrote:  Even if i turn VSYNC on it caps at 60hz on games
That shouldn't be possible unless the game is running at 60 Hz. Check the monitor's OSD to see what refresh rate it's receiving.

(03-26-2016 01:45 PM)OctavioMaia Wrote:  Even if i apply lower Hz, like 30 or 50hz it still shows 60hz on the testufo website
I don't know why you're having trouble with the test. I've only seen issues with the test when running multiple monitors or with hardware acceleration disabled in the browser, but that's mentioned in the prerequisites. Does it work properly if you run restart.exe first?
04-04-2016, 04:30 PM
(04-04-2016 04:36 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 02:40 PM)alex47 Wrote:  This does not work for me. I wanted to create a custom resolution for my new monitor. Wanted to do the 1350 trick with lightboost.
You have to use CRU. AMD's custom resolutions won't work with higher pixel clocks because of an API limitation, not a pixel clock limitation in the driver.
thanks!
It works now that I use CRU instead
using CRU is a pain in the ass for newbs like me. it took me an hour to figure out how to properly use it. Angry
I added the custom resolution and did not know if it has been applied or not, even after computer restart or using restart(64).exe
could you implement a "use this resolution" button?

[Image: UJsQURJ.png]

I even added an example how it should look like Angel
04-06-2016, 02:22 PM
(04-04-2016 04:30 PM)alex47 Wrote:  It works now that I use CRU instead
using CRU is a pain in the ass for newbs like me. it took me an hour to figure out how to properly use it. Angry
I don't get it. All you had to do was add a detailed resolution. How could I make it any easier?

(04-04-2016 04:30 PM)alex47 Wrote:  I added the custom resolution and did not know if it has been applied or not, even after computer restart or using restart(64).exe
could you implement a "use this resolution" button?
That's not possible because the resolution doesn't exist until after the driver restarts. Why do you need that anyway when you can set the resolution in the Windows display settings? CRU doesn't change the way resolutions are set. How did you set the resolution before adding custom resolutions?
04-06-2016, 03:45 PM
(04-06-2016 02:22 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I don't get it. All you had to do was add a detailed resolution. How could I make it any easier?
by implementing the pic included previously
the button could restart the driver and set to that custom resolution
(04-06-2016 02:22 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That's not possible because the resolution doesn't exist until after the driver restarts. Why do you need that anyway when you can set the resolution in the Windows display settings? CRU doesn't change the way resolutions are set. How did you set the resolution before adding custom resolutions?
the scenario is something like this:
- the monitor was set to 120hz
- I added the resolution in Detailed resolution (another 120hz)
- click OK, OK
- run restart64.exe
- driver restarts
- "uhh... okay so is this custom resolution active now?"
- "where do I switch between this and the original resolution?"
- Windows only displays one 120hz in the dropdown list
- turns out the resolution was overriden and the custom resolution was indeed now active
maybe in the Detailed resolutions or Standard resolutions section there could be an (<-- active) text next to the currently used custom resolution (inb4 that can't be implemented either)

I found this pic on blurbusters website and a text next to it that says ToastyX Custom Resolution Utility
[Image: http://www.blurbusters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/create-custom-resolution-1350.png]
I don't know if this is yours or it's maybe a previous design
see there is a Test button in the bottom, basically thats what I'd like to see
04-16-2016, 01:58 PM
Hi, i own an r9 390 nitro and Samsung monitor s24a300bl, windows 10.
I managed to overclock my monitor from 60 to 77hz applying the patch, but the cost of this was an undesired revertion of my drivers from 16.4.1 to 16.3..is this an unwanted effect, or it is supposed to be like this?

thanks
04-16-2016, 10:06 PM
(04-16-2016 01:58 PM)kilyan Wrote:  Hi, i own an r9 390 nitro and Samsung monitor s24a300bl, windows 10.
I managed to overclock my monitor from 60 to 77hz applying the patch, but the cost of this was an undesired revertion of my drivers from 16.4.1 to 16.3..is this an unwanted effect, or it is supposed to be like this?
That shouldn't happen. The patch doesn't change the version. Something else reverted the driver. If the reversion happened after applying the patch, the driver wouldn't be patched anymore.
04-16-2016, 11:48 PM
(04-16-2016 10:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-16-2016 01:58 PM)kilyan Wrote:  Hi, i own an r9 390 nitro and Samsung monitor s24a300bl, windows 10.
That shouldn't happen. The patch doesn't change the version. Something else reverted the driver. If the reversion happened after applying the patch, the driver wouldn't be patched anymore.
The fact is: if is a sign of instability, it's weird, cause still now my monitor is at 77mhz and has no artifacts or flashing and stuff.
Maybe 16.4.1 is not compatible with the patch? the weirdest thing is i did a clean install of 16.4.1 and when reverts back by applying the patch, it goes to 16.3, not 16.3.1-2 etc.., but the patch is there. If i don't apply the patch i cannot overclock, every frequence results in a blurry screen.
Should i show you something to try to understand what might be the problem , or should i do something?