AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(08-11-2013 01:53 PM)MS-DOS Wrote:  ...his monitor did care about that small thing in EDID, that allowed to past the limit. So, my previous question remains. It's not that hard to try anyway, I just don't know how to edit EDID directly.
That has nothing to do with the monitor. Changing the EDID won't get around monitor limits.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm

Turn off read-only mode in the edit menu. Then change byte 0x14. The input signal information should change on the right.

Then create an INF file and install it using the device manager.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Hello, I've run into a bit of an issue with the green screen on Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

The known issue and fix for this can't be done on my part with the information provided:
Quote:Green screen with video playback: disable video acceleration (DXVA) in the video player or decoder.
siberx Wrote:
I would just like to add that if you're trying to do video playback with media player classic (I was using homecinema) and you're getting a green screen, you don't need to switch your renderer to alleviate the problem. You simply need to go to the "Internal Filters" section of the options for MPC and uncheck DXVA. You can then leave the renderer on EVR or whatever it was set to before

I would do this, but I can't find DXVA checked ANYWHERE within the Internal Filters.

The only way I have gotten the green screen to go away is disabling the "LAV Decoder" in "External Filters".

However, this causes a huge performance hit on high quality videos I watch since I'm also using this with Smooth Video Project.

Funny part is, this was working fine before I went ahead and reinstalled Windows 8. (Previous 2 Windows Re-installations were fine too!)

Any way I can re-enable LAV filters and continue without the green screen?
08-21-2013, 02:52 AM
You don't have to disable LAV. You can disable DXVA in the LAV video settings.
08-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi, I just got one of these monitors, qnix 2710, I followed the guide and the monitor went into a test or demo mode, what am I doing wrong?
08-21-2013, 04:56 AM (Last edited: 08-21-2013, 08:51 AM by aaa12585)
(08-21-2013 02:52 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  You don't have to disable LAV. You can disable DXVA in the LAV video settings.

Just tried it. Changed to DXVA (Native), and NOW it shows the video (Yay!)

but it still provides an incredible laggy/unsynced experience.

Changing to any others or "none" provides the same outcome. To re-state: shows video, but is overpowered rendering etc. laggy/unsynced

I did find that it only applies to a certain video codec/whatever we call the video codings. (My apologies for lack of vocabulary)

However, I used to play this video codec all the time on my GTX 460 (I know this doesn't apply anymore as the issue is with Radeon) and never had issues with the certain codec.

And even when I switched my graphics cards out just recently, before re-installing windows twice, still being on the machine with the "inactive" Geforce drivers, duly noting with the first clean re-installation not giving me this issue as well, I was not subject to this recent debacle.

I understand if this is a lot to take in. I just hope to find some reason as to why this may be happening and perhaps give a better experience out of the box for users in the same situation. And in higher hopes; a solution.

Edit:
In the mean while, I'll have to watch what videos I play and conclude which "codec" is giving this DXVA issue. I'll post again if I come up with more golden turds.

Besides this, you've provided an excellent resource for us to experience more with our monitors and great technical service. You're accomplishment deserves nothing less than my munnies. Thank You, ToastyX!

Edit 2:

Fixed the issue. However, I'm having a new unrelated issues. Will keep post up in case of helpful information.
08-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Pardon my asking....but I've gone through this whole thread and I'm really not sure...

what exactly does this patch do and what is the benefit?

Thanks, looks quite interesting...
08-22-2013, 07:53 AM
(08-22-2013 07:41 AM)dmbr Wrote:  Pardon my asking....but I've gone through this whole thread and I'm really not sure...

Well, as stated in the OP it removes the 330 MHz pixel clock limit for dual link DVI built into AMD Catalyst drivers.

The benefit is that this allows you (in combination with ToastyX's CRU.exe tool) to overclock certain 2560x1440 monitors to approximately 120Hz, especially the Overlord Tempest X270OC and the Yamakasi Catleap Extreme 2B, which both have the same S-IPS panels and overclockable PCBs.

There may be other things you can do with the patcher, but this is the only one I know of. I use it. I love it. I cannot live without it.
08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
(08-22-2013 07:53 AM)Black Octagon Wrote:  
(08-22-2013 07:41 AM)dmbr Wrote:  Pardon my asking....but I've gone through this whole thread and I'm really not sure...

Well, as stated in the OP it removes the 330 MHz pixel clock limit for dual link DVI built into AMD Catalyst drivers.

The benefit is that this allows you (in combination with ToastyX's CRU.exe tool) to overclock certain 2560x1440 monitors to approximately 120Hz, especially the Overlord Tempest X270OC and the Yamakasi Catleap Extreme 2B, which both have the same S-IPS panels and overclockable PCBs.

There may be other things you can do with the patcher, but this is the only one I know of. I use it. I love it. I cannot live without it.
Ah, I see. I'm using a 16:9 display, so I suppose it's of no use to me.

Thanks so much for the reply!
08-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Well, 2560x1440 IS 16:9, but I'm guessing you'd know if you'd bought an overclockable one of this resolution...
08-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Would it be possible to patch the VGA dot-clock max limit out?

I have two P1130 CRT monitors that, at least under Linux with the stock open source video driver, can easily do 3200x2400 48Hz GTF, and can even do 4K TV resolution, tweaked modeline, at the same refresh (with the obvious problem of stretched pixels). Under Windows, it appears that the dot clock is limited by the driver to 400 MHz. I have been able to get my particular AMD HD 6970 to reach about 520-525 MHz without spazzing out.

I'm not sure how much trouble this is, so if it's unreasonable or impractical, I can live with 3000x2250.