The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

I have tried everything… I have nothing left… please help
01-20-2023, 07:38 PM
I have tried everything… I have nothing left… please help
All started when I moved my old PC about 7m away from my monitor. I was playing on Gsync monitor via DP 1.4. I change the cable for a longer one (7m) and bam, black screens start to occur.

Since then I got a new monitor and PC - was due for an upgrade. Same problem as before. Tried so many different types of cables to no avail.

What helped was using HDMI cable - same length (7m). Yesterday though I uncapped my fps and first time over HDMI I got the black screen again. So I unplugged my second monitor (even though it was off) and capped my fps 3 below max refresh rate. No issues for 3 hours of gaming.

Then I decided maybe my second monitor being plugged in was the issue or having uncapped fps. So I went back to DP cable (7m) and no issues for about an hour of gaming. I am not totally confident I solved it because I think it may occur again. So if it does I will try an optical DP cable of same length.

I am just running out of ideas. Is it uncapped fps? Cable length? I have also turned off Steam Overlay. I do have MSI Afterburner running an overlay but I doubt it is that as I had that before when my PC was closer to the monitor, and had no issues then.

I need help lol… I really hope the latest changes I made fixes everything, otherwise, I don’t know what to do. I wouldn’t want to put my PC back to its original location as that would be really inconvenient.

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts? Sorry for the long post.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I have tried everything… I have nothing left… please help - Tartar - 01-20-2023 07:38 PM