Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
02-07-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(02-07-2013 05:53 PM)techhit Wrote:  Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes there is only one entry for my monitor (LG IPS234v). There are 3 other entries for my Samsung TV connected via HDMI

I deleted the IPS234 entry and re-added my custom resolution, but that hasn't worked either.
I can't think of why that would happen. If you deleted the monitor from the list and it was added back in after rebooting, then that should be the correct entry.

Can you try it with just 75 Hz and 60 Hz? Here is a file you can import: http://www.toastyx.net/ips234.bin

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the monitor from the device manager and reboot, then try again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 03:30 AM (Last edited: 02-08-2013, 03:35 AM by alientorni)
hi toasty

i was looking on catalyst info and found this.

[Image: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6681/capspg.png]

according catalyst, i have no dcc. so, why is it, when actually, data cable has all 15 pins?

sorry to annoy with my problem.

right now i've installed monitor drivers from cd. so it shows as the model name. but back then, when the problem appeared, i was with generic w8 driver.
02-08-2013, 04:13 AM (Last edited: 02-08-2013, 04:15 AM by techhit)
(02-07-2013 09:10 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 05:53 PM)techhit Wrote:  Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes there is only one entry for my monitor (LG IPS234v). There are 3 other entries for my Samsung TV connected via HDMI

I deleted the IPS234 entry and re-added my custom resolution, but that hasn't worked either.
I can't think of why that would happen. If you deleted the monitor from the list and it was added back in after rebooting, then that should be the correct entry.

Can you try it with just 75 Hz and 60 Hz? Here is a file you can import: http://www.toastyx.net/ips234.bin

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the monitor from the device manager and reboot, then try again.

Hi, ToastyX.

I did as you instructed (see attached), and it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can check?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-08-2013, 07:04 PM
I've finally fixed it by doing a System Restore and uninstalling the monitor driver and deleting/recreating all the entries in CRU. Thanks, ToastyX.
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
That's weird. I wish I knew what was causing that. There was probably a way to fix it, but I've never seen that happen myself.
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
(02-08-2013 03:30 AM)alientorni Wrote:  according catalyst, i have no dcc. so, why is it, when actually, data cable has all 15 pins?

sorry to annoy with my problem.

right now i've installed monitor drivers from cd. so it shows as the model name. but back then, when the problem appeared, i was with generic w8 driver.
If it's not the cable or adapter, then either the monitor is not reporting an EDID or the monitor's EDID crapped out. That's known to happen with some monitors: http://blog.komeil.com/2008/06/fixing-ed...ignal.html
02-09-2013, 03:19 AM (Last edited: 02-09-2013, 03:19 AM by alientorni)
wow. i'm gonna see what i can do, since english isn't my native language, and monitors aren't my strong side Big Grin

thank you very much, i really appreciate all the info you gave to me.
02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
(12-17-2012 06:09 PM)Valdez Wrote:  
(12-14-2012 02:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  It's possible you're editing the wrong one. Each connection creates a separate entry, and there may be outdated entries that aren't being used anymore. CRU should pick the first active entry it finds, but if you're not sure which is which, delete all of them and reboot. Then the list should only have entries that are currently active.

With AMD/ATI, sometimes the highest refresh rate has to be listed as the first detailed resolution or the video driver will ignore it. You can also try unchecking "Include extension block" if that's checked.

Thanks, i copied the custom resolutions to all three entries, and now works fine. Thanks!

THX-now it work for me too Wink

mfg
reinhardrudi
02-14-2013, 12:57 AM (Last edited: 02-14-2013, 12:59 AM by eortizo)
Hello,

Thanks for making this application, the question i have is if i am doing something wrong because even when i add the resolution on the CRU it looks fine, i reboot and then try to use the new resolution but it doesnt appear, could it be that my monitor is not elegible for higher resolutions ?? Below are some pictures, BTW am using Catalyst 13.1

http://i.imgur.com/tCIF9Y8.png
http://i.imgur.com/vE2K4dn.png

Thanks in advance
02-14-2013, 05:21 AM
(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
  • This program adds monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. Lower resolutions will be scaled up if GPU scaling is enabled, but higher resolutions won't be scaled down by the GPU. Higher resolutions will only work if the monitor can handle them.
  • Single-link DVI and HDMI are limited to 165 MHz pixel clock unless the video driver is patched:

Single-link DVI and HDMI ports: The driver will ignore any resolutions past 165 MHz pixel clock unless the driver is patched. The patched driver will allow 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz over a single link, but the monitor has to support it.

Dual-link DVI ports: The driver will send a dual-link DVI signal past 165 MHz unless the driver is patched. The patched driver only raises the switchover value to 235 MHz to avoid interfering with dual-link DVI monitors, so 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz will not work properly with single-link DVI monitors.

This program was not intended for downscaling higher resolutions.