NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
05-03-2015, 08:00 PM (Last edited: 05-03-2015, 08:01 PM by stoo)
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
Yeah I did try with the patch but had no effect. Also tried a fresh windows install also with and without the patch and a couple of driver versions without success.

I found that 3DMark outputs the tests to current desktop resolution settings (internal scalar?) so it makes for a good test. A comparison of desktop set to 60Hz vs 45Hz.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/4738494/fs/4738531

The cap seems to be 77fps in the games/apps I have tested so it's possible it has been there since I got the 4K screen in December. Only really noticed it because it seemingly causes a performance hit close ish to the cap.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 01:37 AM
(05-03-2015 08:00 PM)stoo Wrote:  Yeah I did try with the patch but had no effect. Also tried a fresh windows install also with and without the patch and a couple of driver versions without success.

I found that 3DMark outputs the tests to current desktop resolution settings (internal scalar?) so it makes for a good test. A comparison of desktop set to 60Hz vs 45Hz.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/4738494/fs/4738531

The cap seems to be 77fps in the games/apps I have tested so it's possible it has been there since I got the 4K screen in December. Only really noticed it because it seemingly causes a performance hit close ish to the cap.
That seems like a different problem. You should report that to NVIDIA because you shouldn't have to do anything special for SLI to work properly at higher pixel clocks with the GTX 970.
05-18-2015, 06:45 PM (Last edited: 05-19-2015, 02:33 AM by jarda)
GeForce 352.86 WHQL
Please make compatability for GeForce 352.86 WHQL.
thank you very much
05-19-2015, 12:55 PM
(05-18-2015 06:45 PM)jarda Wrote:  Please make compatability for GeForce 352.86 WHQL.
thank you very much
The current version should already be compatible. Are you having any issues?
05-20-2015, 02:29 AM
Im sorry, all is ready....
06-04-2015, 03:15 AM (Last edited: 06-04-2015, 07:38 PM by jdubzisfaded)
(05-19-2015 12:55 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-18-2015 06:45 PM)jarda Wrote:  Please make compatability for GeForce 352.86 WHQL.
thank you very much
The current version should already be compatible. Are you having any issues?

I am on the same driver with a single GTX 970 and for some reason my custom 1440p resolution does not show up in Windows after using both full and regular pixel clock flasher. It shows up in nVidia Control Panel as my native res but I get a blue screen when I try to activate it. I know it is a pixel clock issue as before I used this utility I was able to use 1440p @ 60fps just fine through nVidia custom resolution at 320MHz pixel clock. I am using the Seiki 39" 4k TV with the latest firmware allowing about 325MHz. I love the idea behind this utility and would love for my custom resolutions to be available in Windows so I can play ALL my games with them. I am using custom extension block

P.S I just realized that when I use restart64.exe from CRU my nvidia control panel stops working after using the pixel clock patcher. If you can get windows to recognize my custom resolutions through nvidia or your CRU and be able to play all my games with them I will guarantee a 20$ donation without a second thought(I am a programmer and used to do donation based work on android and i know how much time people like us spend to make others happy). Not only that but I will be ever so grateful. I payed only 300 for this TV but I know I can make it just as good as a 700$ panel with my custom resolutions, scaler mods, and overall color adjustments. Your utility is the last missing piece to my puzzle and honestly I may pay you more to get it to work depending on how the utility performs
06-05-2015, 04:24 AM
(06-04-2015 03:15 AM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  I am on the same driver with a single GTX 970 and for some reason my custom 1440p resolution does not show up in Windows after using both full and regular pixel clock flasher. It shows up in nVidia Control Panel as my native res but I get a blue screen when I try to activate it. I know it is a pixel clock issue as before I used this utility I was able to use 1440p @ 60fps just fine through nVidia custom resolution at 320MHz pixel clock. I am using the Seiki 39" 4k TV with the latest firmware allowing about 325MHz. I love the idea behind this utility and would love for my custom resolutions to be available in Windows so I can play ALL my games with them. I am using custom extension block

P.S I just realized that when I use restart64.exe from CRU my nvidia control panel stops working after using the pixel clock patcher. If you can get windows to recognize my custom resolutions through nvidia or your CRU and be able to play all my games with them I will guarantee a 20$ donation without a second thought(I am a programmer and used to do donation based work on android and i know how much time people like us spend to make others happy). Not only that but I will be ever so grateful. I payed only 300 for this TV but I know I can make it just as good as a 700$ panel with my custom resolutions, scaler mods, and overall color adjustments. Your utility is the last missing piece to my puzzle and honestly I may pay you more to get it to work depending on how the utility performs
I don't understand what you're saying. You said 1440p doesn't show up in Windows, but then you say you get a blue screen when you try to activate it, which is odd. You shouldn't need the patch with HDMI, and 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz shouldn't be 320 MHz. I need more information about what you're doing and what settings you used. Did you try importing or adding HDMI support in the extension block? HDMI will be treated as single-link DVI if HDMI support is not defined in the extension block.
06-05-2015, 04:54 PM (Last edited: 06-05-2015, 06:29 PM by jdubzisfaded)
(06-05-2015 04:24 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 03:15 AM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  I am on the same driver with a single GTX 970 and for some reason my custom 1440p resolution does not show up in Windows after using both full and regular pixel clock flasher. It shows up in nVidia Control Panel as my native res but I get a blue screen when I try to activate it. I know it is a pixel clock issue as before I used this utility I was able to use 1440p @ 60fps just fine through nVidia custom resolution at 320MHz pixel clock. I am using the Seiki 39" 4k TV with the latest firmware allowing about 325MHz. I love the idea behind this utility and would love for my custom resolutions to be available in Windows so I can play ALL my games with them. I am using custom extension block

I don't understand what you're saying. You said 1440p doesn't show up in Windows, but then you say you get a blue screen when you try to activate it, which is odd. You shouldn't need the patch with HDMI, and 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz shouldn't be 320 MHz. I need more information about what you're doing and what settings you used. Did you try importing or adding HDMI support in the extension block? HDMI will be treated as single-link DVI if HDMI support is not defined in the extension block.

What I meant by 320MHz when using nVidia custom resolution, is that I used CRT Timings which brought me to 312MHz and then added extra pixels to the total pixels amount in the manual timings section which may have made it look better or worse I am not a TV guru but I know my way around a PC. and yes 1440p does not show up in Windows but it shows up in nVidia custom resolutions. One Time it even showed as native so I thought it was sure to work. Yet as I said I just got an incompatible signal causing my display to display a "no signal" blue screen. Shit, I didnt realize you would think by blue screen meant BSOD. That was not the case at all it just said no signal on my tv as it wouldn't accept the resolution and timings. I also noticed that instead of saying HDMI in nVidia CP like normal it said DVI which I thought to be very odd. So your assumption was correct and I do not know how to fix that. I have searched quite a few pages but have not seen how to add HDMI to the extension block..? If I define my connection as HDMI in the extension block do you think I will be able to achieve 2160x1440 with CRT Timings through your utility? and if you know how to fix the issue could you give me a quick tutorial on how to do so? As stated your time is money and I will compensate you. Also, will the CRU work on all the driver versions. And why do I have no need for pixel patcher. From what I have read on it I will be limited to 165MHz on HDMI. Sorry for long post I am just very upset that I got my TV/Monitor and I haven't been able to use it for the reason I had purchased it. Thanks again for your time. And a link to your PayPal would be nice. Maybe through a PM or through here *edit* found link in OP

edit 2: found HDMI in the bottom portion of custom extension block and added it and 1440p is picked up by windows at 60-75hz which is odd because I only added 60hz. and 1080p at 120hz which I added is nowhere to be found as will as the 2160p which is nowhere. Also it is still listed as DVI in nVidia CP but I am passing the blurbuster UFO test at 60hz 1440p and 70-75 fail.I read that I needed an HDMI.dat file but I am at my programming job and can't remote in to my pc too much. If all of my BS is not 20$ I understand I am being a pain. Name your price in a PM and I will think if it is reasonable

edit 3: lol I think my monitor may be off... and thats the only reason it seems to work. I am an idiot. DAMNIT

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-06-2015, 07:06 PM
(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  What I meant by 320MHz when using nVidia custom resolution, is that I used CRT Timings which brought me to 312MHz and then added extra pixels to the total pixels amount in the manual timings section which may have made it look better or worse I am not a TV guru but I know my way around a PC.
You shouldn't do that unless the TV can't handle standard timing parameters correctly. You're just wasting bandwidth with a higher pixel clock. Use the "LCD standard" timing option.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  and yes 1440p does not show up in Windows but it shows up in nVidia custom resolutions.
I don't understand what you mean because the problem doesn't make sense. If you mean the resolution is selectable in the NVIDIA control panel but not in the Windows screen resolution settings, then I don't see how that could happen unless there's a driver bug. If you mean the resolution is listed in the NVIDIA control panel as a "Custom" resolution instead of a "PC" or "HD" resolution, then that could only happen if you added a custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel, but then it should also be listed in the Windows screen resolution settings. CRU resolutions wouldn't be listed as "Custom" resolutions, and you don't need to add the same resolutions with both.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  One Time it even showed as native so I thought it was sure to work. Yet as I said I just got an incompatible signal causing my display to display a "no signal" blue screen.
The first detailed resolution in the main window is considered the native resolution. Your screen shot covers up the main window, so I can't see what you have defined for the native resolution. You need to define the resolution you want to be native as the first detailed resolution.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  Also, will the CRU work on all the driver versions.
CRU is not driver-specific. CRU will work with any driver that supports Windows EDID overrides.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  And why do I have no need for pixel patcher. From what I have read on it I will be limited to 165MHz on HDMI.
That is the case with single-link DVI and HDMI on older cards. Newer cards can handle higher pixel clocks with HDMI, but HDMI support must be defined in the extension block or it will behave like single-link DVI.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  I read that I needed an HDMI.dat file but I am at my programming job and can't remote in to my pc too much.
The hdmi.dat file just contains an HDMI support data block with the default settings, so you don't need it if you already added it manually.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  If all of my BS is not 20$ I understand I am being a pain. Name your price in a PM and I will think if it is reasonable
Any donation is welcome.

(06-05-2015 04:54 PM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  edit 3: lol I think my monitor may be off... and thats the only reason it seems to work. I am an idiot. DAMNIT
Some monitors won't send an EDID when they're off or switched to a different input, which can cause problems with monitor detection. Did you get everything sorted out?
06-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Is support for Windows 10 ??