2nd Monitor Affecting Strobelight?
05-17-2014, 07:58 AM
2nd Monitor Affecting Strobelight?
Hi,
im working with Toasty´s utility on a Benq 2411T since a couple of month and overall its a blast!

Only question i got is, when i do the UFO Test with 2nd Monitor plugged in (Samsung BX2450) the image is still blurry on 120 fps and strobelight activated (or deactivated, doesnt matter) on the Benq. When i turn the 2nd monitor off its the sharp picture we all know. Is there a workaround for this influence? Does using a 2nd Monitor make using 120 Hz useless?

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: 2nd Monitor Affecting Strobelight?
Having a second monitor won't affect Strobelight, but it can affect the frame rate with vsync enabled because vsync will only synchronize with one monitor, usually the primary monitor.

Is the test blurry or is it running at the wrong frame rate? Connecting a second monitor with a different refresh rate can cause the test to run at the wrong frame rate, but strobing should be working properly. The monitor's OSD should show that 3D mode is active, and the LightBoost brightness setting should be available.

If you connect a monitor while Strobelight is running, you have to choose "Reinitialize displays" in the Strobelight menu for the options to work properly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply