Blue, yellow colors are distorted at 75Hz@1080p
11-15-2016, 10:56 AM (Last edited: 11-15-2016, 12:20 PM by cnckane)
Blue, yellow colors are distorted at 75Hz@1080p
Hi!

I've bought an LG 23MP68VQ-P monitor. I have an AMD card so I enabled Freesync, but after that I noticed the blue colors are pixelated (like there is a grid drawn on them or something) at 75 Hz. If I lower it to 60 Hz it's fine again, I tried to experiment with custom resolutions and it's around 65 Hz when this issue starts to present.
What do I have to do ? I'm using with HDMI with amd R9 390.

Edit: It's very noticeable with some colors If I look closely, but not just blue, yellowish.

60hz mode:

75hz mode

Looks like the issue starts happening when I exceed 158-159 MHz pixel clock.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2016, 07:22 AM
RE: Blue, yellow colors are distorted at 75Hz@1080p
I don't think you can do anything about that. The panel controller might have a limitation that causes faint lines to appear at higher refresh rates. I would return the monitor if possible and get a different model.
11-17-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Blue, yellow colors are distorted at 75Hz@1080p
(11-17-2016 07:22 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I don't think you can do anything about that. The panel controller might have a limitation that causes faint lines to appear at higher refresh rates. I would return the monitor if possible and get a different model.

Thanks, this actually my second one from this type and both had it so I guess it's a common issue with these monitors.
Can it "hurt" the monitor if I use at this refresh rate in-games (so not always) ?