Bristol Ridge HDMI 2.0 & 4k/60hz is possible
03-02-2020, 07:43 PM
Bristol Ridge HDMI 2.0 & 4k/60hz is possible
TLDR: Run the AMD Patch tool and change HDMI from auto to 2.0 in your TV's settings. Then reboot both, that's it.

I did buy a new HDMI 2.1 cable before I figured this out. All my other cables were pretty old. So give it a shot before you spend any money like I did.

My setup:
Win 10 Pro 64
Gigabyte AB350m-D3h / F25 Bios
AMD A8-9600 / Adrenaline 20.1.3
TCL 55S421

So I just wanted to post this for visibility for others like myself. I built my HTPC 2yrs ago, back when I had a 1080p TV and not a care in the world about HDMI versions or high res. It's definitely been a learning experience over the past week, hopefully I can save someone some time and money here.

I tried CRU on it's own but it didn't work, tried again after using the patch tool and got 4k/60hz but no sound. At this point I know I'm on the right track... I used reset-all to start over, and at that point I decided to try and set my TV from auto to HDMI 2.0. Restarted both the TV and computer with the patch still active and that's it...4k/60hz. I confirmed this by running it again and unpatching the driver and then reapplying the patch. That's all you should need otherwise CRU should get you setup.

Screenshot, you can see the active profile in CRU isn't edited: 60hz

Does it solve all the other limitations with 4k on the AMD side, no but at least it doesn't look I have pointer trails turned on Tongue

Toasty, between this and running Strobelight for years on my old Asus monitor I got to say, I really appreciate you, and this time I'm going to show it. Thank you for all you do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply