CRT image corruption?
12-23-2021, 07:25 PM
CRT image corruption?
I have a pc with a nvidia card and intel hd graphics, my dedicaded graphics card does not have any vga ouput, so I'm using my motherboard vga ouput (intel hd graphics) to connect to a CRT tv that I've rgb modded, I've used CRU to change the signal frequency, image size, vsync, back porch, etcetera, the problem is that, although I'm being able to see the image, the image is multiplied and moving up fast, as shown in this video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vg3lfJv...sp=sharing

These are the settings I've tried. I've even lowered the resolution:
[Image: image.png]

The TV is a TC-29FX32L
Service manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1noXKmZf...sp=sharing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: CRT image corruption?
Don't make the same post in multiple threads.

The problem with CRT TVs is they're usually only designed to take TV signals. I don't see any detailed timing information in the service manual. Usually you are limited to 480i and 576i, so you would need a GPU capable of interlaced output. "Automatic (HDTV)" will give you the timing parameters for 480i and 576i. I should probably add that to "Automatic (CRT)" as well.

For 480i, enter 1440x240 @ 59.94 Hz with "Interlaced" enabled:

For 576i, enter 1440x288 @ 50 Hz with "Interlaced" enabled.

The TV might support the progressive equivalent (1440x240p) with the same timing parameters and pixel clock:

12-26-2021, 02:36 AM (Last edited: 12-26-2021, 02:37 AM by spikespiegel)
(12-23-2021 11:41 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Don't make the same post in multiple threads.

The problem with CRT TVs is they're usually only designed to take TV signals. I don't see any detailed timing information in the service manual. Usually you are limited to 480i and 576i, so you would need a GPU capable of interlaced output. "Automatic (HDTV)" will give you the timing parameters for 480i and 576i. I should probably add that to "Automatic (CRT)" as well.

The TV might support the progressive equivalent (1440x240p) with the same timing parameters and pixel clock:

No one was replying me, and so far there are new answers to other questions there, they made my question get lost, so...
I managed to get the same configuration, and even customize it, with an old nvidia card and it worked flawlessly (using progressive mode), but I don't want to be switching between my dedicated cards, that's why I'm still trying to get intel to work.

I'm going to try your suggestion though.
12-26-2021, 07:06 PM
(12-23-2021 11:41 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Don't make the same post in multiple threads.

I tried with the 1440x240, but the 240 is not showing up:

[Image: image.png]

I restarted the driver, I even exported as an exe, installed it and restarted the driver again, same results.
12-26-2021, 08:34 PM
I'm confused. You originally said you used CRU to set the resolution to 2560x240, so I thought you had it working somehow. RGB->VGA doesn't have an EDID, so the .exe method will not work. CRU requires either an EDID or a GPU that supports EDID overrides on non-PnP monitors. Some HDMI-VGA adapters will provide an EDID if one is not available, or you can use a programmable VGA EDID emulator if you can find one.

Another problem is Windows will not list resolutions less than 600 lines in the display settings, or less than 480 lines in "List All Modes" in the display adapter properties, but the resolution will be used if it's the only resolution available.
12-26-2021, 08:46 PM
(12-26-2021 08:34 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I'm confused. You originally said you used CRU to set the resolution to 2560x240, so I thought you had it working somehow. RGB->VGA doesn't have an EDID, so the .exe method will not work. CRU requires either an EDID or a GPU that supports EDID overrides on non-PnP monitors. Some HDMI-VGA adapters will provide an EDID if one is not available, or you can use a programmable VGA EDID emulator if you can find one.

Another problem is Windows will not list resolutions less than 600 lines in the display settings, or less than 480 lines in "List All Modes" in the display adapter properties, but the resolution will be used if it's the only resolution available.

2560x240 didn't work either. For 240p, I'm able to list 320x240 and 300x200 only, in windows. Like I said, if I use my old nvidia gpu, I can get this whole thing working just fine. The problem is if I use the integrated intel hd graphics.