CRU no Dolby video editing support
04-21-2022, 03:43 AM
CRU no Dolby video editing support
hi Toasty, thank you very much for this utility. I'm trying to edit my dolby vision block using the tool but edit is grey'd out. I have the values for the fields if this is a problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2022, 07:04 PM
RE: CRU no Dolby video editing support
Do you have the specification? Is there anything for Windows that uses that information?
04-22-2022, 06:11 AM
DM'd you the spec. Yes, Lenovo has been shipping with DV for years (Nflx was the first consumer iirc). It's protected but editing the fields help for other panels. I've been using a mixture of EDID tools to get the proper data set, would be really nice to have it all in CRU.
04-24-2022, 01:39 AM
Do you have any official documents? It looks like a pain to implement because it has multiple versions, so the UI would have to accommodate that. It might have to wait until CRU 2.0.
04-25-2022, 03:39 AM
(04-24-2022 01:39 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Do you have any official documents? It looks like a pain to implement because it has multiple versions, so the UI would have to accommodate that. It might have to wait until CRU 2.0.
It would have to come from Dolby PES - likely to not get approved / etc.

Yeah, it's painful because they don't want anyone to mess with it Tongue I've got my setup going now, was just looking to help the next person trying to do the same.