Default Settings for my monitor
07-28-2020, 06:12 AM
Default Settings for my monitor
I was messing around in cru to get less input delay using stretched res and now I don't have the option for 240hz in my nvidia control panel. I can create a custom res but I just want to go back to default settings. The problem I'm having is that I don't have a default button.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2020, 12:02 PM
RE: Default Settings for my monitor
CRU provides reset-all.exe which resets everything to default.
07-28-2020, 05:32 PM
(07-28-2020 12:02 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  CRU provides reset-all.exe which resets everything to default.
I just used the reset all.exe and now under my PC resolutions in control panel, I only have the options for 144hz and 120hz
07-28-2020, 10:56 PM
Then it's not a CRU problem. What model is the monitor? Are you using DisplayPort?
07-29-2020, 03:57 AM
(07-28-2020 10:56 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Then it's not a CRU problem. What model is the monitor? Are you using DisplayPort?

I have the new alienware 25 inch. and im using display port. Never had this problem before I used cru
07-29-2020, 04:40 PM
If 240 Hz is not available, that means the DisplayPort connection is not running at the correct speed. This can happen with a bad cable or a firmware bug in the monitor. Try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute to reset it.

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the graphics driver after using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-
08-11-2020, 02:21 PM
(07-29-2020 04:40 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  If 240 Hz is not available, that means the DisplayPort connection is not running at the correct speed. This can happen with a bad cable or a firmware bug in the monitor. Try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute to reset it.

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the graphics driver after using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-

Just used DDU and I now cant get any signal from my gpu. I don’t know what to do.
08-11-2020, 10:59 PM
DDU should not cause that to happen. Are you able to see the BIOS/UEFI screen? Try connecting with HDMI and see if you get a signal.
09-06-2020, 04:12 PM (Last edited: 09-08-2020, 09:38 AM by Gerion)
In my case I used reset-all.exe and it worked fine. I have a LG monitor in my property in Germany here. Now my monitor works better.