Can someone explain what Pixel Clock is and if it can help me get more overclock?
02-10-2022, 04:58 AM (Last edited: 02-10-2022, 05:00 AM by NeedMoarFPS)
Can someone explain what Pixel Clock is and if it can help me get more overclock?
I am currently stuck at a measly 67.5 Hz overclock, I would like to get to at least 75 Hz, I was told by someone that a lower pixel clock can help me get a better overclock but I have no idea how it works. I have used the LCD (lower) settings to have less pixel clock with the same refresh rate but the computer doesn't let me use that input:

[Image: unknown.png?width=1203&height=415]

Anyone have any idea if I can squeeze out any more frames?

[Image: unknown.png?width=626&height=587]

Here is what I am trying to achieve, I have noticed if I reduce my resolution even a bit it makes the pixel clock at 75 Hz 1440p the same as 67.5 Hz 1600p (stable), should this in theory work to get me to 75 Hz?:

[Image: unknown.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2022, 06:13 AM
RE: Can someone explain what Pixel Clock is and if it can help me get more overclock?
What do you mean by stuck? What happens if you go higher? Is this a laptop display? Laptops can't display non-native resolutions without GPU scaling.

The pixel clock is the total number of pixels per second including blanking, so the only way to reduce the pixel clock without reducing the refresh rate is to reduce the totals. That won't be enough to reach 75 Hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply