Can't set custom resolution on FBAS
09-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Can't set custom resolution on FBAS
Hey there,

I think its better to use an own Thread for this instead of asking in the CRU Thread.
The Situation is as followed:
New Windows 7 PC as replacement as a Signage/Media Center PC at one of my customers. The main monitor for administration is connected via VGA, the 2nd Monitor which should show the media content is connected via FBAS. For that purpose I built in some old Nvidia 8500GT with the newest drivers available.
Now the monitor from FBAS gets recognized as Non-PNP Monitor.
I need the resolution 848x480 for the connected tv.
I tried different ways, including CRU, to get that resolution somehow to work, but it only comes up for my first Monitor.
What am I doing wrong? Is it, with newer NVIDIA drivers under Win7, possible at all with a non-pnp Monitor to set such resolution? If so, please tell me how Smile

tl;dr
Windows 7x64 Pro, Nvidia 8500GT, can't set custom resolution on Non-PNP Monitor via FBAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Can't set custom resolution on FBAS
Does the NVIDIA control panel let you add custom resolutions for the second monitor? If not, I don't think there's a way to add custom resolutions for FBAS connections.
09-29-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: Can't set custom resolution on FBAS
Nope, unfortunately its greyed out.
The strange thing is: we definately had it working with Windows 7 with other clients.
But I'm also sure we used some older drivers, since it was some time ago.. maybe thats the way to go then.