Cannot go past 146hz on Lenovo Legion7 laptop using CRU
02-19-2023, 09:31 AM (Last edited: 02-19-2023, 09:32 AM by Slang)
Cannot go past 146hz on Lenovo Legion7 laptop using CRU
https://postimg.cc/nMJtPTMS

This is my final hope before I give up on fixing my Lenovo Legion 7

Recently did a BIOS update on it. This took away the ability to switch the refresh rate back and forth between 165hz and 60hz. I can no longer do the FN+R shortcut because of the removal of that option to switch.

Now my laptop is stuck at 60hz. With CRU, I can take it as high as 146.377hz.
From what Ive seen, this is a common issue with Legions after a bios update. After several factory resets, new bios, uninstalling / reinstalling drivers... this is where I'm at.

The only hope I have left is being able to manually make it reach 165hz. What settings do I need to do? I am not tech savvy in the slightest so I also downloaded and executed "NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher" because I thought it would let me go to 165 on CRU but it didn't. All it did was make my Nightlight go to it's highest intensity when on. A restart fixed this bur still cannot go past 146.377hz

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2023, 04:34 AM
RE: Cannot go past 146hz on Lenovo Legion7 laptop using CRU
You didn't say what happens when you try to go past 146.377 Hz. If you mean the refresh rate turns red, the screenshot shows the pixel clock is 655.35 MHz, which is the EDID limit. To add refresh rates with higher pixel clocks, you need to add it in a DisplayID extension block. You don't need the patcher.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply