Catleap 2B Underclock
05-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Catleap 2B Underclock
So, I've got a Catleap 2B that I've been planning on replacing with a Qnix (since it works better for me). Now, I find that running the Qnix alongside the Catleap is almost redundant - I simply don't need the extra space. So I'm trying to figure out how to run the Catleap off my laptop.

Now, as I understand, ToastyX has managed to run a Catleap at up to 60hz via HDMI -> SL-DVI adapter. I have no illusions that my laptop can possibly do a full 1440p at 60hz, and nor do I need it - it would be for CAD work which doesn't need perfect refresh rates.

Here's what I want to do:
I want to connect my Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Sandy Bridge, Intel HD 3000 graphics, VGA port and DP++) to my Catleap using a DisplayPort -> SL-DVI (passive) adapter, running it at full resolution but reduced refresh rate (42hz? 30hz? whatever). As I understand, passive DP->SL-DVI adapters are simply pass-throughs and contain no graphics logic.

Intel provides a handy little "custom resolution" page in their software, but it does not seem to want to let me input a custom resolution. I tried 2560x1440@30hz/42hx, but it says that the monitor does not support that mode (when I know it can be done, since ToastyX has done it). What am I missing here? Is there any way to, say, edit my monitor driver file to enable or force my laptop to recognize 2560x1440@30hz as its preferred resolution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: Catleap 2B Underclock
Any help?

I'm taking a look at .inf files right now; is there a way to define an .inf file such that Windows sees my monitor as supporting 1440p@30hz as a native resolution through the .inf file?
06-08-2013, 08:07 AM
RE: Catleap 2B Underclock
A monitor INF won't override the video driver. There is this: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles...l-graphics

This is the 18-byte DTD you want: F2,3E,00,A0,A0,A0,29,50,30,20,35,00,80,68,21,00,00,1A

If that doesn't work, the only solution I can think of is to flash the monitor's EDID. I don't know what program can be used to do that other than the paid version of PowerStrip. You can export a raw EDID file using CRU.