Compatibility with GPUs
05-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Compatibility with GPUs
I am using CRU utility successfully with my current AMD R9-270X GPU and Windows 7 x 64 setup with no issues. I am able to use a 3 meter HDMI cable at full 2560x1440 @ 60Hz. Many thanks to ToastyX for assistance.

I'm planning to buy a new 4K Nvidia GPU for use with a Windows 8.1 PC I'm building but haven't decided which model of GPU yet. I want to be able to run the monitor (Dell 2711U) at full res as before using a long HDMI cable.

Do I need to worry about compatibility with CRU or should it work with any Nvidia card? I know that with so many models no one can be expected to have tested them all. Maybe, I should ask if there are any models I should avoid if I want to use a long HDMI cable at full res.

I hope my question is clear.
Thanks

Trevor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Compatibility with GPUs
CRU works with any driver that supports EDID overrides, so it should work with any NVIDIA card. You might not even need the patch. Just import the hdmi.dat file.

NVIDIA also has the ability to add custom resolutions through their control panel.
06-01-2014, 10:07 AM
RE: Compatibility with GPUs
(05-29-2014 07:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  CRU works with any driver that supports EDID overrides, so it should work with any NVIDIA card. You might not even need the patch. Just import the hdmi.dat file.

NVIDIA also has the ability to add custom resolutions through their control panel.

Thank you, once again, ToastyX

Trevor