Crossfire question
11-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Crossfire question
Hi Toastyx and everyone,

Just done a bit of reading, and there seems to be a problem OC'ing the Tempest to 120Hz with a crossfire setup am I correct?

Reading through the post it seems to be that what fixes it is using 2 crossfire bridges....

My situation is the following, I have 2 Radeon R9 290s in crossfire, problem is those bridges don't exist anymore on the R9 series, will oc'ing still work? has it been tried?

I just ordered a Tempest OC to game at 120Hz on my crossfire setup, if it won't work I would like to know :-)
Thx for your input and keep up the good work toastyx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Crossfire question
Crossfire sometimes (not always) has issues, and the solution was sometimes (not always) to add a second bridge.

Since you've already bought your cards and screen, please see what happens and let us know. With any luck, all will be fine. You cannot in any case add bridges to the 290
11-19-2013, 11:56 PM
The R9 290s are new and have a different way of handling CrossFire, so I don't know if they resolved the issues with higher pixel clocks. You'll have to try it and let us know.
12-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I want to ask this ...
why my computer was first turn on the reply in a few minutes anyway tu after restart itself y ...??
but if so ill restart to ...
but if in the first turn on the cold boot ato gt why his incident happening again ... The why?
Smile

thx ToastyX
12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
What? I don't understand what you're trying to say.
12-26-2013, 11:20 AM (Last edited: 12-26-2013, 11:21 AM by the9quad)
CRU works with the 290 and 290x's in crossfire. No need for bridges. In fact you used to be limited to 2 cards, but with the 290/x's it works with 3 cards for sure as that is what I do. I can do 120hz just fine with 3 cards in crossfire.