Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
04-07-2016, 12:45 PM (Last edited: 04-07-2016, 12:46 PM by joesaiditstrue)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Quote:Did you patch the driver and use a custom extension block?

I clicked the option to create a custom ext. block. I did not patch the driver because you mention that it's something for single link dvi limitations? I'm using a dual link cable and the dvi port on the card is DL.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I have tried 1366*768 resolution on my macbook pro and the screen got completely distorted.
I somehow managed to switch back.
Now there is very minute flickering in my windows.
I am using windows 10 through bootcamp.
Flickering is on mac and windows both.

Any solution please.
04-07-2016, 01:56 PM
(04-07-2016 12:45 PM)joesaiditstrue Wrote:  I clicked the option to create a custom ext. block. I did not patch the driver because you mention that it's something for single link dvi limitations? I'm using a dual link cable and the dvi port on the card is DL.
Pixel clock limitations apply to dual-link DVI as well. The patch was originally designed to get around the 330 MHz pixel clock limit for dual-link DVI. You need to patch the driver when using EDID overrides.
04-07-2016, 02:03 PM
(04-07-2016 12:47 PM)aman1609 Wrote:  I have tried 1366*768 resolution on my macbook pro and the screen got completely distorted.
I somehow managed to switch back.
Now there is very minute flickering in my windows.
I am using windows 10 through bootcamp.
Flickering is on mac and windows both.

Any solution please.
CRU does not have any effect on laptops with switchable graphics, and laptop screens only support the native resolution. You have to use GPU scaling for lower resolutions.

I'm not sure what you mean by flickering. If you tried to set a resolution that the panel doesn't support, there might be odd effects. I've heard of certain panels flickering after displaying flickering patterns, which might have happened while the screen was distorted. If it's a subtle brightness flickering, that should go away on its own after a few hours.
04-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Hello ToastyX,

I was wondering if your utility can do low persistence on this display by Topfoison. I see that your utility works with nVidia graphics cards. I will be using a nVidia 780ti or an nVidia X80ti. I also see that it works with a wide array of monitors including many laptop and different desktop brands. Unfortunately the display is HDMI 1.4-> 8 lane MIPI instead of display port. But I've been told that HDMI 1.4 can do 1440p@75hz. Can you confirm this?

My goal is 2560x1440p@75hz with low persistence.

Topfoison 1440p 6.00 inch display

Your advice is greatly appreciated!
04-17-2016, 12:09 AM
(04-13-2016 08:37 PM)LDM Wrote:  I was wondering if your utility can do low persistence on this display by Topfoison. I see that your utility works with nVidia graphics cards. I will be using a nVidia 780ti or an nVidia X80ti. I also see that it works with a wide array of monitors including many laptop and different desktop brands. Unfortunately the display is HDMI 1.4-> 8 lane MIPI instead of display port. But I've been told that HDMI 1.4 can do 1440p@75hz. Can you confirm this?
Yes, it's possible. You can try creating a custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel to test it. If that works, you can add it using CRU to make it work with games. You'll have to add an HDMI support data block in the custom extension block.
04-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Thank you for the reply ToastyX

I will let you know if I have any luck when my screens arrive. This is my 4th HMD design. Built 3 in 2012-2013 but they were WXGA and FHD at 60hz. Now that the off the shelf technology and software are better I decided to try again.
04-17-2016, 10:02 PM (Last edited: 04-17-2016, 10:17 PM by JeanAbdel)
Hello

i used your software to OC my Samsung S24D390 from 60hz to 76hz ( in 1080p ) . I did this like 6 or 7 months ago . Everything worked perfectly , got 0 artifact , that was completly fine . Then , In January , i've bought a Iiyama 144hz 24" and i just tried to OC the screen to 145hz , i got big artifacts , so i deleted the new custom resolution , and i went back to 144hz .

but now , for no reason , when i put the Saturation at 0 in the AMD catalyst control center / Crimson , my Samsung is totaly red and black while my iiyama is black and white ( like it should be )

and i got another big problem , when i set my iiyama on 100hz or more , i have random artifacts on the screen , and everytime when an artifact comes , i can hear a big POKE from my screen ( i don't really know how to describe it )

Can you help me please ? ( sorry for bad english )

Edit : ok now , even in 60hz and 59 hz , i have random Artifacts and black screens Sad
04-17-2016, 11:05 PM (Last edited: 04-17-2016, 11:06 PM by Spec-Chum)
Quick question.

I've now got a 3440x1440 75hz monitor (Acer XR341CK) which works all fine and dandy but I don't really want to drop to 1080p when a game doesn't support 21:9. So I added 2560x1440 as a resolution at 75hz using CRU but when I start a game I get a "no signal error" but when I select it from Windows it's fine. Games seem to be selecting a 60hz 1440p that I didn't set up?

Eh?
04-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I have an issue where my two HDTVs default to it's native resolution in games (which is oddly enough 1080i).
So, I'm using CRU to force it / trick my PC into thinking the native resolution is 1080p 60hz. This resolution works fine on the desktop, or in borderless windowed mode.

However there are two problems.

First, on one of the TVs the screen gets a green tint when I set the native resolution to 1080p 60hz. This doesn't happen when I select that resolution without CRU.

Second, on the other TV, the custom native resolution makes the TV use full RGB range, which completely screws up the colours. You'd think I could just toggle this in NVIDIA control panel, but when setting a custom resolution with CRU, the RGB toggle function becomes disabled.

I'm on Windows 10, and using NVIDIA (yes, I'm using "custom extension block", although I'm not really sure how to use it), the card is a 980 Ti.

Please someone, anyone, help me out here. This problem is driving me insane.