Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
08-30-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Also before when I would switch resolutions the panel would scale fine and the image was somewhat clear. Now if I change resolutions in the control panel everything is horribly distorted. Looks like it's not scaling right.

I appreciate the help! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 11:48 PM
(08-30-2013 07:44 AM)jarablue Wrote:  I've tried deleting the monitor and rebooting but it always about 9 seconds into the desktop, shows up in suspect..I can hear the windows sound alert knowing there is a problem in device manager.
That's an NVIDIA driver bug caused by GeForce Experience when the tray icon loads. GeForce Experience seems to trigger some sort of monitor detection routine, but the driver doesn't properly update the resolution list when that happens.

Reinstall the NVIDIA driver without GeForce Experience. Choose the custom install option and uncheck "NVIDIA GeForce Experience" and check "Perform a clean installation" just to be sure. Then run CRU and make sure the extension block is disabled. See if that resolves the other issues.
08-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it. The thing is I am running an older version of nvidia's drivers. 314.22 on 3-27-2013. I don't think that the geforce experience was ever installed on my system. I can double check and reinstall the drivers when I get home. But I know for a fact that it isn't installed now and there is no icon in the systray. I'm wondering if I should uninstall my onboard Intel HD4600 drivers and disable it in the bios? You think that would help?

Thanks again! Smile

(08-30-2013 11:48 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 07:44 AM)jarablue Wrote:  I've tried deleting the monitor and rebooting but it always about 9 seconds into the desktop, shows up in suspect..I can hear the windows sound alert knowing there is a problem in device manager.
That's an NVIDIA driver bug caused by GeForce Experience when the tray icon loads. GeForce Experience seems to trigger some sort of monitor detection routine, but the driver doesn't properly update the resolution list when that happens.

Reinstall the NVIDIA driver without GeForce Experience. Choose the custom install option and uncheck "NVIDIA GeForce Experience" and check "Perform a clean installation" just to be sure. Then run CRU and make sure the extension block is disabled. See if that resolves the other issues.
08-31-2013, 01:29 AM
When you hear the device disconnect sound, that means something is disabling or restarting a device. CRU doesn't do that, so something else is causing that.

Do you have NVIDIA Update installed? GeForce Experience was introduced in 320.xx to replace NVIDIA Update. It's possible NVIDIA Update has the same problem. It's also worth trying a newer version if you can, just in case they fixed something.

I don't know if the Intel GPU would affect anything, but it wouldn't hurt to check.
08-31-2013, 01:34 AM
I'll try resetting everything to defaults and installing the latest driver. The thing is when I delete the monitor from CRU and revert everything back to normal, device manager is fine.

Thanks again.
08-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Sent you a donation today. Thanks for all the work you're doing to help others.
08-31-2013, 03:12 PM (Last edited: 08-31-2013, 09:27 PM by jarablue)
I've reinstalled the latest drivers making sure to do a clean install. Everything seems fine but my monitor in device manager is still in suspect. I've looked up and down on the net and can't find any way to fix this. Deleting the monitor from CRU gets device manager happy, but then I'm not using CRU Sad

Anything else I can try to get device manager happy?
08-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Can I have a mirror to CRU 1.0? With the new 1.0.1 I'm getting constant crashes after an overclock on my Sapphire 7970 even with a low overclock on my QNIX monitor. The crashes are instant as soon as I restart the computer after making a new profile on CRU.
09-01-2013, 03:00 AM
There isn't any change in 1.0.1 that would cause that to happen.

https://www.monitortests.com/old/cru-1.0.zip
09-02-2013, 11:28 AM
(09-01-2013 03:00 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  There isn't any change in 1.0.1 that would cause that to happen.

https://www.monitortests.com/old/cru-1.0.zip

and naturally, you're right.

I followed the instructions to the T but I'm still getting horrible glitches.

I have a 7970 and a QNIX monitor. Now, when I built the computer the first time, I had amazing results at 120hz other than the red lines for a while. After I brought it down to 110hz which got rid of the red lines, I began to run into problems where the screen would flicker and eventually black out.

So I began troubleshooting. Reset both CRU and ATI Patch. Reinstalled 13.8beta-> applied current ATI patch-> reboot computer-> Open CRU and copy/paste stock 59hz settings-> tweak 2nd profile refresh rate to 110Hz->bring it to the top-> reboot computer -> BIOS splash good! Windows 7 64 bit Loading logo GOOD! -> the MOMENT it enters the desktop, screen flickers and then blacks out immediately. I have to go to safe boot to reset CRU to get back into desktop normally.

What am I missing? It worked the first time and I followed the Youtube videos, what has changed? I tried it with 13.4 CCC as well. Same results.