Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
07-24-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hi ToastyX

Loving your app for use in gaming specifically Fortnite im playing on 1798x1080 so without GPU scaling the resolution is so much more clear and im getting higher FPS, so much nicer.

I have one question which i hope you can resolve. If you launch into Fortnite and use the in game fullscreen display option the resolution is correct and you can continue to play. If for some strange reason you go into settings and change something the resolution reverts back to 1798 with black bars. If you change the in game resolution to windowed/fullscreen it rectifies the problem. I prefer to play on fullscreen not windowed/fullscreen, so the only fix would be to restart fortnite and not change any settings which can be annoying.

Please if you have and suggestions,

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2020, 02:04 PM
(07-23-2020 03:21 AM)dan1 Wrote:  I can obtain 4k@120hz RGB with HDR fine, but once i reset the pc, windows loads up with HDR washed out, until i set the resolution to 60hz and back to 120hz at which point HDR will fire back up.
This seems like a driver bug. Is this also happening with AMD users? Then it might be a Windows bug or a bug with the adapter.

(07-23-2020 03:21 AM)dan1 Wrote:  What determines the colour range able to be selected? does CRU have any colour range settings? like custom resolution/colour depth?
CRU has some chroma options in the CEA-861 extension block, but they aren't tied to specific resolutions except for YCbCr 4:2:0. The available chroma options depend on the available bandwidth.
07-24-2020, 02:05 PM
(07-24-2020 11:01 AM)KarlHansen Wrote:  I have one question which i hope you can resolve. If you launch into Fortnite and use the in game fullscreen display option the resolution is correct and you can continue to play. If for some strange reason you go into settings and change something the resolution reverts back to 1798 with black bars. If you change the in game resolution to windowed/fullscreen it rectifies the problem. I prefer to play on fullscreen not windowed/fullscreen, so the only fix would be to restart fortnite and not change any settings which can be annoying.
I don't see how that could happen unless it's reverting to GPU scaling somehow. It's either a game bug or a driver bug. CRU doesn't deal with scaling.
07-25-2020, 04:03 PM
Hello, I have recently tried using your program to use stretched res while playing fortnite, but when i switch to 1722x1070 I get these black zig zags that make my screen freak out on the right side of the screen. I have a AMD 2700x and RTX 2080 super along with a acer XF250Q 240hz monitor. Can anyone help me with this? I turned gpu scaling off in nivida as well so that isnt the issue.
07-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Hi. I have used CRU for a few days with no problems but today the Restart64 black screened me completely. I fixed it just by safe mode uninstalling graphics driver, restarting, then reinstalling driver. Now every time I create a resolution then proceed to use restart64 I get the black screen and have to re do the entire thing. Do you know what can make restart64 work for again like it used to. Please help.
07-26-2020, 02:34 PM
(07-26-2020 01:09 PM)UTLynx Wrote:  Hi. I have used CRU for a few days with no problems but today the Restart64 black screened me completely. I fixed it just by safe mode uninstalling graphics driver, restarting, then reinstalling driver. Now every time I create a resolution then proceed to use restart64 I get the black screen and have to re do the entire thing. Do you know what can make restart64 work for again like it used to. Please help.
Please provide more details. What video card and monitor are you using? What resolution are you adding? You shouldn't have to reinstall the graphics driver. Just run reset-all.exe and reboot.
07-26-2020, 02:34 PM
(07-25-2020 04:03 PM)Exzert Wrote:  Hello, I have recently tried using your program to use stretched res while playing fortnite, but when i switch to 1722x1070 I get these black zig zags that make my screen freak out on the right side of the screen. I have a AMD 2700x and RTX 2080 super along with a acer XF250Q 240hz monitor. Can anyone help me with this? I turned gpu scaling off in nivida as well so that isnt the issue.
Try different timing parameters. If that doesn't help, then you'll have to use GPU scaling.
07-26-2020, 02:42 PM (Last edited: 07-26-2020, 05:19 PM by Smartfridge)
Washed out HDR
Hi!
I have a Samsung CHG70 monitor which is hdr600 certified, connected via displayport. When enabling HDR in windows or in games, the colors looks really washed out.
I've already tried setting the dynamic range to full in nvidia control panel, but that didn't work.
It looks like exactly like in this video, but as shown in the video, hdr looks good on ps4 and it looks terrible on pc.

These are the default colorimetry and hdr settings in cru.
Windows is running the latest version (2004). Can anybody help me fix this issue if its possible?
07-26-2020, 04:21 PM
(07-26-2020 02:34 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-25-2020 04:03 PM)Exzert Wrote:  Hello, I have recently tried using your program to use stretched res while playing fortnite, but when i switch to 1722x1070 I get these black zig zags that make my screen freak out on the right side of the screen. I have a AMD 2700x and RTX 2080 super along with a acer XF250Q 240hz monitor. Can anyone help me with this? I turned gpu scaling off in nivida as well so that isnt the issue.
Try different timing parameters. If that doesn't help, then you'll have to use GPU scaling.

Which timing parameters would you recommend? I have no idea what I should enter in.
07-26-2020, 05:34 PM
(07-26-2020 04:21 PM)Exzert Wrote:  Which timing parameters would you recommend? I have no idea what I should enter in.
I can't recommend anything other than the timing presets because I don't know what the monitor will be able to handle. It's mostly trial and error, and if the timing presets don't work, it might not be able to handle the resolution at all.