Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-15-2022, 10:16 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-15-2022 09:45 PM)Artjsalina5 Wrote:  Hey ToastyX, thank you for your work on this tool. I am having trouble enabling 165Hz support in Windows 11 with my W5000 Firepro through DisplayPort. I have just the amd driver installed with AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher patched. I found the settings for 165Hz in the Extension Block CTA-861, and I manually applied them to the Detailed Resolution at the top of the program. I also enabled 8bit color depth.

I hit restart64 to reload the driver, go to change the refresh rate settings, but Windows is only showing me 120 Hz. Any help here?
The patcher does not affect DisplayPort limits, and there's no point in defining a resolution that the monitor already defines. Your card is too old to support the pixel clock needed for the refresh rate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2022, 10:41 PM
Well, that's too bad. Thank you for your reply, guess I'll be sticking with the iGPU or 3080 Ti on this one.
Today, 03:02 PM (Last edited: Today, 03:23 PM by randir14)
For some reason CRU isn't showing any of my monitor's resolutions, it just says "no standard resolutions" even though they appear in both Windows' display settings and Nvidia Control Panel. It's also incorrectly showing 59.950 hz even though I'm running at 144 hz. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Pic: https://i.imgur.com/RUpmkyN.jpg
I'm using Windows 11 and a 3070 ti
Today, 05:48 PM
(Today 03:02 PM)randir14 Wrote:  For some reason CRU isn't showing any of my monitor's resolutions, it just says "no standard resolutions" even though they appear in both Windows' display settings and Nvidia Control Panel. It's also incorrectly showing 59.950 hz even though I'm running at 144 hz. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Pic: https://i.imgur.com/RUpmkyN.jpg
I'm using Windows 11 and a 3070 ti
Nothing is wrong. CRU is showing what the monitor defines. Look in the extenstion block for 144 Hz.