Custom Resolution Utility: HDMI 2.0 HDMI 2.1 Conflict
04-08-2024, 01:21 PM (Last edited: 04-08-2024, 01:33 PM by SplitSpirit)
Custom Resolution Utility: HDMI 2.0 HDMI 2.1 Conflict
Good day
I have a very specific problem.
Have been struggling with it for a few weeks now.
The last straw before writing this post was a complete reinstallation clean windows.
Now to the problem. I have a LG OLED 4K HDR TV and of course I want to use it with my computer for gaming.
And there was no problem before. 4K HDR gaming has play a lot of games without any problems.
But they started after I bought a new videocard.
Before I had a 2080 Super with HDMI 2.0 port.
And I upgraded it to a 3080ti which has only HDMI 2.1.
As I understand the problem appeared because the new videocard has HDMI 2.1 and TV also has only HDMI 2.1 inputs,
and the cable that connects them can not transmit so much data.
I will explain why the decision to change the HDMI cable is not possible for me at the moment.
The TV is on the opposite wall from the computer. HDMI cable is used as much as 10 meters and it is embedded in the floor and wall.
Because of this I can not use another unfortunately until the new apartment renovation.
The essence of the problem is what with new videocard all stopped working normally.
HDR it simply does work when I try to switch it on in the Windows settings.
Can please someone give advise what parameters should try to change with CRU to return the ability to use HDR?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2024, 08:37 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility: HDMI 2.0 HDMI 2.1 Conflict
For long cables, you should use a signal booster. In the CTA-861 extension block, try editing the HDMI 2.x data block and change the maximum FRL rate to not supported. That should make it work like HDMI 2.0.
04-10-2024, 04:51 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility: HDMI 2.0 HDMI 2.1 Conflict
(04-09-2024 08:37 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  For long cables, you should use a signal booster. In the CTA-861 extension block, try editing the HDMI 2.x data block and change the maximum FRL rate to not supported. That should make it work like HDMI 2.0.

Thank you for answer Heart
So I can try lower maximum FRL rate to find limits of this cable? Huh