Deliner
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: Deliner
Enhancer is supposed to help correct some mid-tones when run together with Deliner, but the effect is slight, and it takes away some contrast.

Deliner 1.0 now hides when Alt-PrintScreen is pressed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Deliner 1.1 has an improved enhancer built in. It works better with minimal impact on contrast.

The screen can also be split into columns and rows with different strength values for each section.

Example: deliner 1 4 4 5 6 7.exe = 1 column, 4 rows, strength = 4 5 6 7

The lines on my monitor are weaker at the top and stronger at the bottom, so that works well for me.
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
This is probably a monumentally stupid question, but here goes:
I don't 'think' I see any horizontal lines or other screening artifacts, either in 60 or 120Hz mode, on my Overlord Tempest.
Is there any reason to install or not install de-liner?
(I know, why don't I just try it eh?)
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
If you don't see any lines, then you don't need it. Some panels might have it worse than others. If your monitor doesn't have the lines, you can run the program to see what the lines look like.
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
(01-07-2013 05:04 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  If you don't see any lines, then you don't need it. Some panels might have it worse than others. If your monitor doesn't have the lines, you can run the program to see how the lines look.

Thanks...that's exactly what I was telling myself. Why exactly I needed to have it confirmed is beyond me. At this rate I'm gonna owe you a second donation Tongue
05-13-2013, 05:47 AM
I'm experiencing a similar issue, but instead get faint vertical lines. This only seems to happen when I try to OC my monitor's refresh rate above 60Hz. I tried running deliner but it seems to add horizontal lines and creates a grid-like effect. Is there anything available to address my vertical lines issue?
05-13-2013, 06:03 AM
What panel is it? Do the lines appear on all colors? Are the lines one pixel apart?
05-13-2013, 01:50 PM
(05-13-2013 06:03 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  What panel is it? Do the lines appear on all colors? Are the lines one pixel apart?

This is with the new samsung 27" 1440p PLS panel (x-star dp2710).
Yes, the lines appear on all colors, although they are more visible in some colors vs others. The lines seem to be slightly more than a pixel apart, but they are still very close together.

At first I thought it was a driver issue, since I came across this forum post:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...0-drivers/

But I downgraded to 306.97 and the problem still happens, but only at higher refresh rates. Then I found that catleap owners were experiencing a similar issue but with horizontal lines, which led me to here.
05-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/deliner-test.zip

Try these options and let me know if any of them help:

deliner v1001.exe
deliner v0011.exe
deliner v0110.exe
deliner v1100.exe

You might have to reduce the strength like this:

deliner v1001 2.exe

Make sure to end task using the task manager before trying a different one.
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
(05-14-2013 10:17 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/deliner-test.zip

Try these options and let me know if any of them help:

deliner v1001.exe
deliner v0011.exe
deliner v0110.exe
deliner v1100.exe

You might have to reduce the strength like this:

deliner v1001 2.exe

Make sure to end task using the task manager before trying a different one.

Thanks so much for this. "deliner v1001 2.exe" actually seems to make the best improvement for me on medium-dark colors. It seems to intensify the lines on lighter colors though. I guess I have to play around with reduce-contrast.exe?

Also I did notice that when running deliner, I sometimes get flickering red horizontal lines, like my OC is no longer stable. Seems to happen at 120Hz, at 96Hz with deliner I don't seem to get them.

Thanks again!