Monitor doesn't detect after using CRU
10-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Monitor doesn't detect after using CRU
im using Acer Nitro Laptop with only one HDMI slot.

I got first monitor that plug in into HDMI slot and work fine.
and next i using second monitor that only have Display Port and VGA.

When i connected my second monitor using FrescoLogic USB 3.0 Adapter, i works fine, and i change resolution using CRU because the display doesn't display properly at first.

After using CRU, my monitor is blinking and doesn't received any signal, when i open CRU back, my monitor doesn't detect in display settings and CRU.

next i decided to buy HP Display Link to connect, after i connect for a few seconds and my monitor doesn't connect back.

I tried to use reset_all but doesn't work, even when i reset while using safe mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2023, 03:45 PM
RE: Monitor doesn't detect after using CRU
CRU only creates EDID overrides, which is a description of what the monitor can do, and running reset-all.exe removes all EDID overrides even if the monitor isn't detected, so this doesn't sound like something CRU did. CRU doesn't modify anything in the hardware or graphics drivers, and as far as I know, EDID overrides have no effect with USB adapters anyway, so this sounds like an issue with the adapter or the monitor not being compatible with the adapter. Normally you shouldn't need to use CRU to add the correct resolution. Usually if the correct resolution isn't available, there's a bandwidth limit of some sort, or the correct graphics driver isn't installed. If it's a bandwidth limitation, the driver might try to use a lower resolution that the monitor doesn't support. If the monitor isn't detected at all, it might be an issue with the adapter or a bug in the driver. Make sure you are using the latest driver: https://www.synaptics.com/products/displ...ds/windows
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply