GTX 750TI does not recognize HDTV
11-07-2015, 05:42 PM
GTX 750TI does not recognize HDTV
Hi, i have a 46" TV from ikea, a10 5800k cpu with integrated hd7660 GPU and a asus F2 A85V mobo, i have just bought a gtx750TI and when i connect the card to the TV by DVI>VGA (use a DVI-VGA adapter) the card recognize the max (and reccomended) resolution at x768.

When i plug the TV to the mobo (via VGA or HDMI) the integrated gpu recognize the TV normally and let me choose lot's of resolution (i want x1080).

I have tried many drivers (old and new), i have tried to put different monitor driver from WIN7 drivers list, etc...nothing works.

When i plug it to a normal monitor it recognize it and let me choose many resolution.

I can't understand why and i really can't find a solution.

Last thing i tought, there is a way to copy the EDID of the monitor when i plug it to the integrated GPU (that work correctly) and then when i plug the GTX i tell her to use the EDID that i have took from that i have copied before (the working one)?

With CRU utility i have forced the resolution to x1080 ad it works, the oly problem is that it leave me 2 (3cm each) black bar at the side of the scree (the image does ot fit completely the monitor.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: GTX 750TI does not recognize HDTV
The DVI-VGA adapter is causing the problem. You should use HDMI or a DVI-HDMI adapter if possible.

CRU should be able to copy/paste the resolutions from one EDID to another, or you can just add 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz as a detailed resolution using the "LCD standard" timing option. If that's not working correctly, then the TV might be expecting different timing parameters with VGA. Try the "LCD reduced" and "CRT standard" timing options.
11-08-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: GTX 750TI does not recognize HDTV
I will wait for the hdmi cable, hope it will fix the problem. Thx for the answer ToastyX