HELP
12-27-2015, 02:31 AM
HELP
Angry my screen now changes to different colors when I used LCD standard. It now changes to different colors and won't stop or reset! Help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: HELP
(12-27-2015 02:31 AM)Help me Wrote:  Angry my screen now changes to different colors when I used LCD standard. It now changes to different colors and won't stop or reset! Help!

Burn in enabled in the OSD or service menu?
did you accidentally unlock diagnostic mode or self test (burn-in)?
12-28-2015, 03:27 AM
(12-27-2015 02:31 AM)Help me Wrote:  Angry my screen now changes to different colors when I used LCD standard. It now changes to different colors and won't stop or reset! Help!
How can I help when you didn't post any useful information? What monitor are you talking about? How is it connected? What video card do you have? What resolution did you add? What do you mean by changes to different colors?

You shouldn't be having this problem if you followed the instructions:
(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
  • Run restart.exe to restart the graphics driver.
    • If the display does not return after 10 seconds, press F8 for recovery mode. This will temporarily unload all the EDID overrides without deleting them. Restart the driver again to reload any changes.
To reset a display back to the default configuration, use the "Delete" button at the top and reboot. To reset all displays, run reset-all.exe and reboot. This can be done in safe mode if necessary.
01-04-2016, 10:25 PM
(12-28-2015 03:27 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
How can I help when you didn't post any useful information? What monitor are you talking about? How is it connected? What video card do you have? What resolution did you add? What do you mean by changes to different colors?

You shouldn't be having this problem if you followed the instructions:
(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
  • Run restart.exe to restart the graphics driver.
    • If the display does not return after 10 seconds, press F8 for recovery mode. This will temporarily unload all the EDID overrides without deleting them. Restart the driver again to reload any changes.
To reset a display back to the default configuration, use the "Delete" button at the top and reboot. To reset all displays, run reset-all.exe and reboot. This can be done in safe mode if necessary.

My monitor is an hp touchsmart.

Amd 6410D for graphics card.

1280x720 resolution

I mean like, the screen goes blank, and it changes from black, to green, to red, to yellow, to white, and does that continually.
01-05-2016, 07:48 PM
HP TouchSmart is not a specific monitor. It's a range of laptops and all-in-one desktops. Built-in displays usually only support the native resolution. You need to use GPU scaling to use lower resolutions, and 1280x720 should already exist as a choice by default.

The colors mean the built-in display does not support the resolution. Simply adding a resolution with CRU shouldn't cause that to happen. You'd have to switch to the new resolution and confirm it. Regardless, you should be able to reset everything from safe mode if necessary.