I need help with CRU initialization.
04-22-2023, 04:12 AM
I need help with CRU initialization.
Hello
I am using the LG 32GQ850L model.
Native support up to WQHD 240Hz and overclocking 260HZ.
I'm using this monitor and portable monitor dual.

However, if you use a CRU and then use a dual monitor, the 240Hz item disappeared from the WQHD and cannot be selected.
Also, the color Depth were 8, 10, and 12 bits, but 6 bits were added.

I want to Remove this 6 bit, and I want to recover the 240Hz scanning rate when using dual monitors.

The graphics card uses an AMD RX580.

Display adapter properties for display in Windows, list all Modes, also have many resolutions and scanning rates missing.

To sum up, I want a fully initialized state before using CRU.

To solve this problem, I reinstalled the graphics driver, did a CRU reset, and finally proceeded with the Windows format.
I've tried resetting the monitor factory and driving it.

But none of the problems have been solved.
Please help me.

And is the value set by CRU stored on the monitor motherboard?
Or is it saved on a graphics card?
If I change my graphics card, can the monitor return to 240Hz scanning rate?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2023, 01:39 PM
RE: I need help with CRU initialization.
CRU does not modify the hardware. The problem you described is a GPU limitation and has nothing to do with CRU.
04-22-2023, 02:39 PM
(04-22-2023 01:39 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  CRU does not modify the hardware. The problem you described is a GPU limitation and has nothing to do with CRU.

Oh, thank you so much.
According to you, there is no problem with the monitor.
Do you happen to know how to delete the 6-bit color depth?
I didn't have this option before.

Even if I reset the CRU or uninstall the driver and install it again or format it, it won't be deleted, is this irrelevant to CRU Edit?
04-24-2023, 04:19 AM
If you're using DisplayPort, 6-bit is always supposed to be available. There's no way to remove it, but it won't be used unless there's a bandwidth limitation preventing 8-bit from being used for the current resolution.
04-25-2023, 06:29 PM (Last edited: 04-25-2023, 06:31 PM by Cooney)
(04-24-2023 04:19 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  If you're using DisplayPort, 6-bit is always supposed to be available. There's no way to remove it, but it won't be used unless there's a bandwidth limitation preventing 8-bit from being used for the current resolution.

https://imgur.com/TwWGO2r - CRU CAPTURE

https://imgur.com/HhoaaS4 - AMD CAPTURE

I understand what you're saying.
Whether or not to use 6 bits of color depth is actually not an issue.
The problem is that since using CRU, 6 bits have been added to the AMD adrenaline color depth. Initialization, formatting, or driver reinstallation will not return to the original state of the original 8, 10, and 12 bits.

Originally, the 32GQ850L was a Monitor with support from the default 240hz to the overclocking 260hz, and supported 8, 10, and 12 color depth.

You said it doesn't affect the hardware, but if you change the above settings in CRU even once, where is the value stored?
CRU forces the inclusion of 6 bit items as shown in the attached picture.
It is hard to understand that the value does not return even if you format it.

I think the value of the option is forcibly saved somewhere, is there any way to solve it?
04-25-2023, 09:39 PM
That's completely normal for DisplayPort. I don't think you're remembering correctly. Even AMD's own screenshots show 6 bpc in the list: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-008

Nothing is being forcibly saved anywhere. CRU only saves EDID overrides in the Windows registry, and running reset-all.exe removes all overrides. CRU would show "*" in the monitor list if there's an EDID override saved, and your screenshot shows there is no override present. Nothing CRU does would survive a reformat.