Image persistence issue persists, what else can I do?
06-14-2018, 08:27 PM (Last edited: 06-15-2018, 11:27 AM by C27F)
Image persistence issue persists, what else can I do?
For the last two weeks (or more) I've been running IrfanView slideshow (black and white color) on the bottom of my screen to remove image persistence left by the taskbar. The image persistence itself happend quite a while ago and only recently I decided to focus on fixing it. Taskbar area was black with standard icons. Now I can see both the darker area and the shapes of icons.

At first I set slideshow to change images every second but later I was increasing the frequency so in the end it was switching every 0.05 second. It's been running for about 6 hours every day.

However it's still there and I don't know what else can I do:/ I think it's not as visible but still definitely visible to me.

Monitor Model is Samsung C27F591 and it's quite rdiculous since it uses a VA panel which should be entirely free from this issue. Guys from Rtings do their extreme burn in test and after months of being turned on for almost 24/7 their TV with VA and IPS panels show no signs of image persistence meanwhile it looks like mine developed it relatively quicly after switching to a background with black bottom. Sad.

Is there any trick or fix that I might have missed?

If nothing works I guess I;ll try to return it to a storer but I doubt they're going to fix it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2018, 01:20 AM
RE: Image persistence issue persists, what else can I do?
The only thing I can think of is to try burning in the opposite image with inverse colors so it cancels out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply