LG 29um68-p - Frameskipping - out of range, and other questions.
02-12-2017, 09:41 AM
LG 29um68-p - Frameskipping - out of range, and other questions.
Hello..
Thanks for a nice utility. I just write what I know so far, and if somebody can come up with something, please do. Thank you!

system:
Lg 29um68-p paired with 970 GTX

Okay! So I just got this Lg 29um68-p monitor, and the first thing I did was to bump up the Hz to 80Hz, with HDMI, without changing anything, except for making a custom setting in Nvidia control panel.

A bit higher and it seemed unstable.

I noticed frame skipping, so I changed the cable to a DP cable.

Used CRU this time.

Still frame skipping anywhere from 70 Hz to 85Hz. Maybe lower but haven't tested, as it already tells me that it isn't the monitor alone that's causing the frame skipping.

I also used the reduced timings.

So! Is there anything else I can do to reduce the frame skipping?
I'm not sure I noticed the skipping in games?
Can it be different in games, that on the desktop?

Out of range issue:
I could bump the monitor up to 90Hz, it "works" but says "out of range" from 81Hz and up. Have not tried going higher.
I read in another thread here, that it is a limitation in the Firmware. That makes sense. To me it seems this monitor can do much more than its limited to, so I hope for some hack to show up.

Anyway, I just wait for the VEGA to launch, so I at least can get 75Hz, and possibly 80Hz refresh rate.

Have a nice day!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2017, 07:33 AM
RE: LG 29um68-p - Frameskipping - out of range, and other questions.
From what I've read, that monitor requires FreeSync to get 75 Hz. You can try enabling FreeSync in the monitor's "Game Adjust" settings in the OSD, but it might still skip frames if the video card doesn't support FreeSync.
02-13-2017, 08:08 AM (Last edited: 02-13-2017, 08:09 AM by el3ctrosm0g)
RE: LG 29um68-p - Frameskipping - out of range, and other questions.
(02-13-2017 07:33 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  From what I've read, that monitor requires FreeSync to get 75 Hz. You can try enabling FreeSync in the monitor's "Game Adjust" settings in the OSD, but it might still skip frames if the video card doesn't support FreeSync.

Right now I'm running 80Hz, and there is no difference if its via HDMI or DP, And/or with FreeSync on/off.

I will continue test to see if there is any differences, as it is very difficult to see the frame skipping in games and Unigene Valley. Not sure if its there.

I'm still not sure on what to set the timings to in CRU, but maybe it can make some difference.

Cheers