LG 32GQ850B Nvidia surround issue and strange CRU Settings
02-27-2024, 03:59 PM
LG 32GQ850B Nvidia surround issue and strange CRU Settings
I want to use triple LG 32GQ850B Monitors for sim racing but when I set up NVIDIA surround do the bezel correction settings etc I get a resolution of 7768 X 1440 with a refresh rate of 240Hz or at least that is what is being reported by the NVIDIA control panel and windows display settings.

CRU does not show the NVIDIA surround display with the resolution of 7768 x 1440 at 240 Hz it instead is showing as 2000 x 1000 at 166.25 Hz

I am having all sorts of issue when racing for example the image looks blurry the screen is blanking out because the VRR range is all incorrect and when in motion everything just looks distorted and the colours do not look right.

Are these monitors just rubbish or am I missing something settings wise ?

I have attached some screen shots I am hopeing somebody can help me thanks.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2024, 04:03 PM
RE: LG 32GQ850B Nvidia surround issue and strange CRU Settings
You're talking about several different things. 7768x1440 with bezel correction doesn't sound like a problem. CRU only deals with individual monitors and can only get the correct information from the driver when Surround is disabled. I don't understand why the image would be blurry if it's not scaling, and why would the VRR range be incorrect? What do you mean by everything looks distorted and the colors do not look right? These don't sound like Surround problems. Do they only happen with Surround enabled?
03-02-2024, 02:38 PM
RE: LG 32GQ850B Nvidia surround issue and strange CRU Settings
I did not know CRU was incompatible when NVIDIA surround was enabled this would explain why I am seeing incorrect information when using CRU.

I do not understand why the image looks blury but it does not look sharp and it looks like I am seeing a much lower resolution.

The issue with colors when in motion kind of looks like Chromatic aberration.

The reason I am under the impression the VRR range is incorrect is because when VRR is enabled it does not detect the correct resolution until I put a cap on the fps min frame of 75 and maximum it works up to is about 165.

All the issues I am getting are only when using surround.

I did take screen shots of the single monitor CRU Settings and one of the surround and when I was comparing some of the settings I could not see VRR range on the surround and the resolution and refresh was wrong, so I got confused as to what was really going on with the screens but since you have explained CRU is incompatible when using surround this makes sense.