Monitor flickering after overclocking? (Asus PB278Q)
09-27-2014, 07:55 AM (Last edited: 09-27-2014, 07:56 AM by d3vilsadvocate)
Monitor flickering after overclocking? (Asus PB278Q)
Hey there

I recently overclocked my Asus PB278Q to 85Hz and then noticed stronger flickering on it, which is why I've set it back to a lower rate such as 75Hz and then ultimately 60Hz again when I noticed that ocing this particular monitor gives no benefit whatsoever.

The problem now is that I notice the flickering at 60Hz as well, even though it is less strong than at 85Hz. The flickering occurs at all brightness levels, so it is probably not related to PWM flickering. However, I can't see it on the camera, and my girlfriend does not seem to notice it.

I'm not sure now it this has actually been caused by the OC or if my eyes just notice this now for the first time and were insensitive to it before. Any ideas?
It is most apparent over bright office backgrounds and I don't notice it at all while playing games or watching movies. It's really bothering me though Sad

Is that a typical form of damage that might occur to a screen by overclocking? Or is it just me taking seeing something that was there before already?

oh and btw I've already tried different cables (DVI and DP) and used it on different GPUS. It's the same.

Thanks ia for any answer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 01:09 PM
RE: Monitor flickering after overclocking? (Asus PB278Q)
Overclocking doesn't normally damage LCD monitors. The monitor might be stuck in a confused state. Try unplugging the monitor's power cord for a minute to reset it.
09-30-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Monitor flickering after overclocking? (Asus PB278Q)
(09-30-2014 01:09 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Overclocking doesn't normally damage LCD monitors. The monitor might be stuck in a confused state. Try unplugging the monitor's power cord for a minute to reset it.

Hi

thanks for your answer.

It's my eyes though that are flickering. I've been seeing it on every screen now on the last couple of days Wink