Need help, i think i got the wrong cables! monitor
06-12-2017, 03:32 AM
Need help, i think i got the wrong cables! monitor
First off hello everyone, i'm Yuriy a guy from Venezuela country and yeah we are under a tyranny, but that not the case here, heheh

The thing is. it seems that i got the wrong cables from my monitor or maybe i never payed attention and i end up mixing the cables, o picking the wrong cables

This is what i got:
Monitor T200 Syncmaster 2ms,
Nvidia CARD: EVGA GTX 580

This is my monitor Back-Panel conector: DVI-D DUAL LINK (24 pin)
[Image: 4sBzH3GxQGCtc45yyo5M9Q.jpeg]

This is my dvi cable monitor: DVi-D SINGLE LINK (18 pin)
[Image: -27e_oNBRV6R0ftYl1vj3w.jpeg]

Lastly but not least, these are the display ports of my GTX 580: DVI-I Dual 24
[Image: WsuINNMkTPehqv9JBS8IIw.jpeg]

Now according to this PICTURE, i have the wrong cable Sad thats why i never was able to reach to better overclocking in hertz, and maybe... low monitor responsiveness right?
[Image: b4g2ZX9jS-qRPcXluorivA.jpeg]

It seems that i need to buy a DVI cable that is built in DVI-D Dual and DVI-I dual ? does that cables exist?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2017, 04:27 AM
RE: Need help, i think i got the wrong cables! monitor
You don't need dual-link DVI with that monitor. Single-link DVI is enough for 1680x1050 @ 77 Hz, and that monitor only accepts single-link DVI signals anyway.
06-12-2017, 06:02 AM
(06-12-2017 04:27 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  You don't need dual-link DVI with that monitor. Single-link DVI is enough for 1680x1050 @ 77 Hz, and that monitor only accepts single-link DVI signals anyway.

Oh i see, but then why my monitor in the rear panel has a DVI-D DUAL LINK (24 pin)like show in the picture? im confused i count the pines, are 24, and same like in pictures o.O, but my conector is single DVI/D thats for sure
06-12-2017, 06:37 AM
(06-12-2017 06:02 AM)x58haze Wrote:  Oh i see, but then why my monitor in the rear panel has a DVI-D DUAL LINK (24 pin)like show in the picture? im confused i count the pines, are 24, and same like in pictures o.O, but my conector is single DVI/D thats for sure
DVI ports always have all the holes so you can plug in a dual-link DVI cable, but the monitor still only accepts single-link signals.
06-13-2017, 12:52 AM
(06-12-2017 06:37 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 06:02 AM)x58haze Wrote:  Oh i see, but then why my monitor in the rear panel has a DVI-D DUAL LINK (24 pin)like show in the picture? im confused i count the pines, are 24, and same like in pictures o.O, but my conector is single DVI/D thats for sure
DVI ports always have all the holes so you can plug in a dual-link DVI cable, but the monitor still only accepts single-link signals.

Oh I see, and what about when monitor says no optimal mode? that mean that it reaches to their limit?

And how can i know if a monitor is built only in single dvi or dual dvi, even if they have a monitor port dvi like mine?

Does that happen because of Monitor refresh rate limit? when i use the regular method of nvidia control panel to improve my 1680x1050 to 77hz, the monitor didn't gave me error, but instead, it becomes hiper fuzzy, monitor artifacts etc, and i had to use your software, maybe your software have a better pixel clock for native resolutions, it is a shame because i wanted to get at least 80 hz, but the optimal mode, message appear, but even that im happy with 77 hertz

By the way mr Toastyx, is an honor to talk to you, i'm feel so happy to read you because, it seems that you are the only that is helping me, and you are very talented and helpful person that always do softwares and monitor tests i have also found a behavior with my Gtx 580 display ports, i have 2, when i connect my dvi monitor cable in the First Display port, it tooks exactly 6.30 to 6.48 seconds to show Bios menu, but when i connected the dvi cable in second display port of my gtx, the boot time improves or reduced to 4.50 seconds to 5:20 o.O?

And bro last questions, do you have a ryzen build? because im new at this build, i havent use an AMD system since 2005.. and i've notice that there something that im missing in Bios tweakings, cpu,rams, usb things, uefi, legacy, that is making my pc feels like Sluggish, choppy, even at high fps, i feel like input lag, do you know anything about it? Thanks alot for read me.
06-14-2017, 07:28 AM
(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  Oh I see, and what about when monitor says no optimal mode? that mean that it reaches to their limit?
The monitor expects to receive 60 Hz, but Samsung monitors usually allow up to 77 Hz. That limit is in the monitor's firmware.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  And how can i know if a monitor is built only in single dvi or dual dvi, even if they have a monitor port dvi like mine?
The only monitors that have dual-link DVI are the ones that need it, such as 120/144 Hz monitors and 2560x1080/1440/1600 monitors.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  Does that happen because of Monitor refresh rate limit? when i use the regular method of nvidia control panel to improve my 1680x1050 to 77hz, the monitor didn't gave me error, but instead, it becomes hiper fuzzy, monitor artifacts etc, and i had to use your software, maybe your software have a better pixel clock for native resolutions, it is a shame because i wanted to get at least 80 hz, but the optimal mode, message appear, but even that im happy with 77 hertz
You need to use "CVT reduced blank" timing with the NVIDIA control panel to keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz. You probably created a resolution beyond 165 MHz, so the video card sent a dual-link DVI signal to the monitor. Since the monitor expected a single-link DVI signal, it didn't display correctly. The pixel clock patch will allow single-link DVI signals up to 230 MHz, but you don't need it for 1680x1050 @ 77 Hz.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  By the way mr Toastyx, is an honor to talk to you, i'm feel so happy to read you because, it seems that you are the only that is helping me, and you are very talented and helpful person that always do softwares and monitor tests i have also found a behavior with my Gtx 580 display ports, i have 2, when i connect my dvi monitor cable in the First Display port, it tooks exactly 6.30 to 6.48 seconds to show Bios menu, but when i connected the dvi cable in second display port of my gtx, the boot time improves or reduced to 4.50 seconds to 5:20 o.O?
The video card will only display on one port while booting, so it probably looks for a monitor by checking one port at a time.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  And bro last questions, do you have a ryzen build? because im new at this build, i havent use an AMD system since 2005.. and i've notice that there something that im missing in Bios tweakings, cpu,rams, usb things, uefi, legacy, that is making my pc feels like Sluggish, choppy, even at high fps, i feel like input lag, do you know anything about it? Thanks alot for read me.
No, I don't have Ryzen, but you shouldn't need to tweak anything in the BIOS. Load the optimized defaults when troubleshooting. If you're having performance problems with the stock settings, then either the hardware is not powerful enough or there's a hardware or software issue.
06-14-2017, 03:31 PM
(06-14-2017 07:28 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  Oh I see, and what about when monitor says no optimal mode? that mean that it reaches to their limit?
The monitor expects to receive 60 Hz, but Samsung monitors usually allow up to 77 Hz. That limit is in the monitor's firmware.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  And how can i know if a monitor is built only in single dvi or dual dvi, even if they have a monitor port dvi like mine?
The only monitors that have dual-link DVI are the ones that need it, such as 120/144 Hz monitors and 2560x1080/1440/1600 monitors.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  Does that happen because of Monitor refresh rate limit? when i use the regular method of nvidia control panel to improve my 1680x1050 to 77hz, the monitor didn't gave me error, but instead, it becomes hiper fuzzy, monitor artifacts etc, and i had to use your software, maybe your software have a better pixel clock for native resolutions, it is a shame because i wanted to get at least 80 hz, but the optimal mode, message appear, but even that im happy with 77 hertz
You need to use "CVT reduced blank" timing with the NVIDIA control panel to keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz. You probably created a resolution beyond 165 MHz, so the video card sent a dual-link DVI signal to the monitor. Since the monitor expected a single-link DVI signal, it didn't display correctly. The pixel clock patch will allow single-link DVI signals up to 230 MHz, but you don't need it for 1680x1050 @ 77 Hz.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  By the way mr Toastyx, is an honor to talk to you, i'm feel so happy to read you because, it seems that you are the only that is helping me, and you are very talented and helpful person that always do softwares and monitor tests i have also found a behavior with my Gtx 580 display ports, i have 2, when i connect my dvi monitor cable in the First Display port, it tooks exactly 6.30 to 6.48 seconds to show Bios menu, but when i connected the dvi cable in second display port of my gtx, the boot time improves or reduced to 4.50 seconds to 5:20 o.O?
The video card will only display on one port while booting, so it probably looks for a monitor by checking one port at a time.

(06-13-2017 12:52 AM)x58haze Wrote:  And bro last questions, do you have a ryzen build? because im new at this build, i havent use an AMD system since 2005.. and i've notice that there something that im missing in Bios tweakings, cpu,rams, usb things, uefi, legacy, that is making my pc feels like Sluggish, choppy, even at high fps, i feel like input lag, do you know anything about it? Thanks alot for read me.
No, I don't have Ryzen, but you shouldn't need to tweak anything in the BIOS. Load the optimized defaults when troubleshooting. If you're having performance problems with the stock settings, then either the hardware is not powerful enough or there's a hardware or software issue.

Oh thanks alot buddy I learn something new n.n