Need help in modding Asus Strix Radeon RX 470
07-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Need help in modding Asus Strix Radeon RX 470
Hi,
I'm mining Ethereum with Asus ROG Strix Radeon Rx470 4Gb GDDR5 (with Hynix memory) at about 20 MH/s
I have Windows 7 64bit, graphic driver is Crimson 17.1.1.
I heard that if I mod the BIOS for faster mining (with PolarisBIOSeditor + Atiflash) it is possible that the graphic driver will refuse to recognize
the modded BIOS due to a security check!!!. This really concerns me since, I have only ONE (this) gpu (and no integrated gpu at all) in my system and could risk losing all the interactivity with the PC if something goes wrong...
I heard that we are supposed to disable this bios check through the Pixel Clock Patcher... But I really don't know what version of patcher should I use for my system... and exactly when should we run the patcher??
Can anyone help me?
Thank you very much
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2017, 09:39 PM
RE: Need help in modding Asus Strix Radeon RX 470
The graphics driver isn't a big deal. Basic functions will still work without the driver, so you should be able to see the screen. You can run the patcher any time after installing the graphics driver. The latest version of the patcher covers all previous driver versions.

The main thing you should be concerned about is making sure the modded BIOS is compatible with your video card. If your card has a BIOS switch, you can switch to the other BIOS if something goes wrong. If not, recovery will be difficult without another GPU.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply