Not optimum mode issue
08-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Not optimum mode issue
Hello, please forgive me as i am a noob around here.

I use a flight simulator called Prepared3d, it is not a true fullscreen simulator therefore vsyn doesent work properly.

I have a Samsung C32F391FWU Curved Full HD Monitor 32" and a GTX 980Ti using driver version 384.76.

The simulator rarely gets above 40fps, on average around 30fps, and my monitor will only go down to 50hz refresh. I have tried CRU to drop it to 30Hz, but when i change the resolution a black screen pops up with a message which says not optimal mode, sugguest 60hz etc.

Is there any way I can force this monitor to 30 or 40hz? This would then ensure a smooth simulation as the hz are the same as the fps.

Thanks
Adam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2017, 06:45 AM
RE: Not optimum mode issue
(08-16-2017 07:56 PM)AdamUK Wrote:  Is there any way I can force this monitor to 30 or 40hz? This would then ensure a smooth simulation as the hz are the same as the fps.
No, but that wouldn't guarantee smoothness anyway without some sort of refresh rate synchronization like VSync, G-SYNC, or FreeSync. Having the refresh rate at twice the frame rate should actually be better if you can't guarantee synchronization.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply