Custom Refresh Rate on Macs
02-02-2013, 10:03 PM (Last edited: 02-02-2013, 10:04 PM by NateZ28)
Custom Refresh Rate on Macs
Hey Toasty is there any way to run higher refresh rates on the Catleap in OS X that you know of? I recently made a hackintosh and I have gotten everything working but higher refresh rates. I see no options what-so-ever for refresh rates in OS X. I'm running the Dual-link DVI cable to my 670 GTX so it should work.

If someone could tell me some way to run a custom refresh rate in OS X I would LOVE them. Like I would literally pay someone to help me with this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Custom Refresh Rate on Macs
SwitchResX is like CRU for OS X, but it won't overcome any driver limitations. It probably won't work beyond the 330 MHz pixel clock limit.

You might be able to get 84 Hz by reducing the back porches to 64 and 2.
02-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I will give that a try sir. I appreciate your help. I've scoured several Mac and Hackintosh forums and no one else has been any help at all with this.

It's been a difficult process to get the hackintosh fully functioning. Right now I'm having a weird issue on my hackintosh where my CPU doesn't apply the overclock until after I put the computer to sleep. But once I get everything fully functioning I think it will have been worth it.
02-04-2013, 12:27 AM
So I downloaded that program. But every time I try to apply a custom resolution/refresh rate and restart it says: "Not Activated - Invalid?"
I believe it is trying to read the EDID off the monitor and recognizing that it cannot go any higher than 60hz. I sent an email to the developer of the program detailing my issue.