Overclocking Monitors
10-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Overclocking Monitors
I have a 7950 graphics card that has 4 asus vn247hp monitors connected to it. 2 of the monitors are hooked up by hdmi to dvi then the other 2 are hooked up hdmi to dvi to an adapter that then goes to mini display port. I am trying to overclock all 4 of my monitors. When I am doing this with the CRU program the only monitors that I can get to increase over the 60Hz are the 2 monitors that are hooked up with the mini display port. Is it not possible to overclock the 2 other monitors that are hooked with DVI? If it is what do I need to change. Also, I use three monitors in a triple screen setup for gaming then the other monitor for everyday browsing and surfing the web.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: Overclocking Monitors
It should be possible. What happens when you try to overclock the monitors that are hooked up to DVI? Are the refresh rates not being listed or are the monitors not displaying them correctly?
10-08-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: Overclocking Monitors
(10-08-2015 04:35 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  It should be possible. What happens when you try to overclock the monitors that are hooked up to DVI? Are the refresh rates not being listed or are the monitors not displaying them correctly?

Initially the refresh rates were not being listed when I would open up the monitor tab to select the new rate. Although after messing around I ended up figuring a way to get it done... I think lol. I ended up just setting all 4 of my monitors at 70hz with 1920x1080. Then after having all 4 monitors running at that speed I went into the CCC and created my 5760x1080 triple screen set up. Then in the advance tab it shows that resolution running at 70hz. Does this sound like a logical way to do this? Also if this is the correct way to do it how much of a gain would I really notice by bumping up a little more to around 75hz.