Overclocking a dell u2414h help please
11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Overclocking a dell u2414h help please
(11-26-2014 03:01 AM)zT. Wrote:  I have and IGPU Intel HD4000 and i can't enter a custom resolution in advanced mode in Intel's software.

[Image: E0Ldh6o.png]

As you can see the horizontal column works good giving a total of 2035 but the vertical doesn't work properly, always gives 15, no matter what i enter on "Vertical Active" it won't move the value. Any idea why?
I don't know where it's getting 15 from, but you have all the values in the wrong places.

That dialog has the values in this order:

Front porch
Back porch
Sync width
Active
Sync polarity
Scan rate
Total
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Hi, ToastyX. You're totally right, i feel dumb right now Confused

I though that the values were in the same position as this post says so i was not even looking at the order, thanks for the reminder.

Now i tested it apparently in the correct position, like this:

[Image: o3okmOw.png]

but i can only get 74Hz to work, 75 gives the message that the custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity.

I'm using this cable since i only have HDMi and VGA on my mobo. Could it be because of that? In the specifications it says it's "Fully compatible with HDMI 1.3b specification and Full HD Bandwidth: 10.2Gbps/340MHz" but i really don't know.
11-27-2014, 05:24 PM
HDMI is generally limited to 165 MHz pixel clock unless the monitor specifies otherwise in the EDID and the graphics driver allows higher pixel clocks. Otherwise, the graphics driver has to be modified, which is why the pixel clock patchers exist, but I don't have a patch for Intel. Intel's driver doesn't seem to support EDID overrides either, so CRU won't have any effect.

The "LCD reduced" timing option in CRU uses these timing parameters at 75 Hz to keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz:

Front porch: 24 3
Back porch: 32 5
Sync width: 32 5
11-27-2014, 05:50 PM (Last edited: 11-27-2014, 05:50 PM by zT.)
Thanks ToastyX! It didn't worked with CRU but i set it to "LCD reduced" with 75Hz on it, saw the values and put them into Intel's software and it worked, around 164 MHz. For some reason CRU doesn't work no matter what values i enter, even if it's lower than 164 MHz.

So, as for HDMi this is the best i can have, i suppose. An adaptar like HDMi to DisplayPort would be the same, right? I guess that such adaptor won't even work giving image because of the signal conversion or something like that, heard it somewhere.

It's curious because from that post i sent you above the guy as the same iGPU as me and got it working with 80Hz and i suppose all the HD4000 have the same ports (VGA & HDMi).
11-28-2014, 04:57 AM
(11-27-2014 05:50 PM)zT. Wrote:  So, as for HDMi this is the best i can have, i suppose. An adaptar like HDMi to DisplayPort would be the same, right? I guess that such adaptor won't even work giving image because of the signal conversion or something like that, heard it somewhere.
An adapter wouldn't get around the limit. The driver will still think it's HDMI.

An HDMI to DisplayPort active adapter would work if it weren't for the pixel clock limit, but I don't think any exist. I've only seen DisplayPort to HDMI adapters, which are for connecting HDMI monitors to DisplayPort, not the other way around.

(11-27-2014 05:50 PM)zT. Wrote:  It's curious because from that post i sent you above the guy as the same iGPU as me and got it working with 80Hz and i suppose all the HD4000 have the same ports (VGA & HDMi).
No, that was with DisplayPort.
12-01-2014, 01:00 AM (Last edited: 12-01-2014, 01:02 AM by zT.)
Alright, thanks for the help ToastyX!

One more thing, since i overclocked it to 75Hz when i use a plataform like Netflix, also with Silverlight, i get erros like 6031 & 6035. Looking at Microsoft website it says:

The integrity of the secured video output connection has been compromised or lost.
A new graphics connection was added during playback and playback was halted.

Do you know something about this? The video stops at random times and i have to refresh the page so i can watch the channels again. I've looked at some posts on the internet and some guys fixed it by disabling the second monitor but in my case i only have this one runing.
12-06-2014, 05:06 AM
Higher refresh rates shouldn't cause that to happen. Either there's a driver bug, or the monitor is not handling HDCP properly at higher refresh rates. Maybe the monitor or GPU is having trouble with the reduced blanking needed to fit 75 Hz within 165 MHz pixel clock, but then the screen should get scrambled or black out.

If you used CRU at some point, run reset-all.exe and reboot to remove all the EDID overrides just in case that is triggering the problem.
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi ToastyX, sorry for the late reply.

I did that but didn't help. Strange because when i had 71Hz i didn't have such problems but even now when i set it to 71 it happens. Should i re-install the driver?

Could it be because i have custom resolutions, like this?

[Image: th8dFlC.png]