Problems overclocking QX2710
01-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Problems overclocking QX2710
When I try to overclock my monitor, the image quality becomes noticeably worse the higher the overclock. From 60 hz to 85 hz there's not much difference, but when I try to go to 96 hz the screen looks like it has light scan lines covering the entire screen. At 110 hz the scan line effect becomes much more apparent and everything looks blurry. I've tried buying a new dvi-d cable and switching it, but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this, or did I just get a bad monitor?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 04:07 AM
RE: Problems overclocking QX2710
(01-07-2016 11:02 PM)LimeLemon Wrote:  When I try to overclock my monitor, the image quality becomes noticeably worse the higher the overclock. From 60 hz to 85 hz there's not much difference, but when I try to go to 96 hz the screen looks like it has light scan lines covering the entire screen. At 110 hz the scan line effect becomes much more apparent and everything looks blurry. I've tried buying a new dvi-d cable and switching it, but it didn't help. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this, or did I just get a bad monitor?

That's a known issue with those monitors.
You can try lowering the horizontal total (HT) value to lower the pixel clock. Not sure if lowering the VT would work. ToastyX would know more than I would, though.
01-10-2016, 03:59 AM
RE: Problems overclocking QX2710
I haven't heard of this affecting the QNIX. I've only heard of this affecting monitors with LG panels like the Catleap/Tempest. That's why I made Deliner, but it only works for the desktop: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Deliner

The QNIX should have a Samsung panel unless they switched to LG panels recently. I know the Crossover 2795QHD has an LG panel, but I haven't seen any reports of horizontal lines with those monitors.