QNIX QX2710 Refresh Rate Issues
08-10-2013, 05:15 PM (Last edited: 08-10-2013, 05:16 PM by Macam)
QNIX QX2710 Refresh Rate Issues
I seem to be experiencing a small issue. I can't get any refresh rate over 80Hz to show up as an available refresh rate to set with my current setup. I'm running a AMD 7950 3GB Video Card, with the 12.104 drivers from AMD installed. I've ran the driver patcher and it seemed to work successfully. I've setup the 4 refresh rates in CRU, 60Hz, 80Hz, 96Hz and 120Hz, but after a reboot I only see the 60 and 80 Hz options. I've tried other refresh rates from 81 to 100 and none of them show up either. I've tried to remove all AMD Software including drivers, default back to the Windows 7 64 bit Microsoft drivers that Windows detects and then reinstall the drivers from AMD again, then patch the drivers then add the custom refresh rates, but still the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas why the refresh rates won't show up as available options in Windows? Thanks for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: QNIX QX2710 Refresh Rate Issues
I need you to double-check 81 Hz. 81 Hz should show up even without patching the driver as long as the pixel clock doesn't go above 330 MHz.

There are two possibilities:

1. If nothing above 330 MHz shows up, then the patch is not working for some reason.
2. If 81 Hz doesn't show up even if it's below 330 MHz, then I don't know why that's happening. Export the settings from CRU to a file and post it here.
08-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the reply ToastyX. 81 does show up, but the pixel clock is below 330 for 81, 82 on the other hand doesn't show up as its pixel clock setting is 330.33. So I guess the patch isn't working right on my system. Anything I can try? Thanks again.
08-11-2013, 08:25 PM
If you run the patcher again, does it say "64-bit driver found" and "already patched" for all the limits?
08-11-2013, 09:34 PM (Last edited: 08-11-2013, 09:52 PM by Macam)
Nope, when I run the patcher again, nothing happens, no messages are displayed. When I originally ran it, I received the screen listing 4 things, don't remember what it said, but I answered yes.

Got it to work, went into Safe Mode and ran the patcher utility, got the message and then ran the patcher utility again in Safe Mode and receive the message about restore from backup already patched. When I restarted after that, I was able to put in the custom resolutions above 81 (96 and 120), both working fine. Thanks for your help! Must have something running in Windows blocking the patcher from working, not sure, checked Norton Antivirus and didn't see any events, but thanks for taking the time to help.