Screen Quality getting bad after overclock
04-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Screen Quality getting bad after overclock
hi i can overclock my monitor to 75hz it has 2ms gtg but after i overclock texts and pixels quality gets bad i patched amd too
someone help me i really need 75hz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Screen Quality getting bad after overclock
What monitor do you have? How is it connected to the video card? What resolution are you talking about? What timing parameters did you try? The patch should have taken care of any pixel clock issues, so this might be a monitor limitation.
06-09-2016, 09:18 PM (Last edited: 06-09-2016, 09:26 PM by BLUuuE)
RE: Screen Quality getting bad after overclock
I had the same issue when overclocking my friend's monitor to 75Hz, using these settings:
[Image: ajvuOv1.jpg]
I'm assuming it's because the monitor can't handle the higher pixel clock, despite the fact that I patched the pixel clock.
When I tried the above settings on my monitor (LG E2441V-BN), it could run 75Hz fine, but sometimes when watching videos my screen goes black with horizontal coloured lines. I Googled this, and it's probably to do with my dual link DVI cable. But I'm not 100% sure.

Using these settings:
[Image: http://puu.sh/pmh6b/99626418d7.png]
I don't get any coloured horizontal lines any more, so it could also be that my monitor can't handle high pixel clocks? Well, I'm not complaining. Anyway, you can try these settings, and if they don't work, try increasing the blanking timings, because that is what limited my overclock.
  • Front + Sync + Back = Blanking
  • Active + Blanking = Total

Hope this helps. Smile