SimCity 3000 Resolution Patcher adds the desktop resolution to SimCity 3000 and fixes performance issues on Windows 8/10 systems.
- The .exe file for SimCity 3000 Unlimited/World/UK Editions is encrypted and must be decrypted before using the patcher. This can be done using the no-CD patch (not available here). The original SimCity 3000 is not affected.
- The patcher adds the desktop resolution of the primary monitor. To add a different resolution, change the desktop resolution before running the patcher. The desktop resolution can be changed back after patching.
- The game will crash if the resolution is not divisible by 8. These common resolutions are not usable: 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1366x768
- Run sc3k-patcher.exe. If the game is installed in a custom location, use Explorer to locate Game\SC3.exe (original) or Apps\sc3U.exe (Unlimited/World/UK Editions) and drag the .exe file to sc3k-patcher.exe.
- Click "Yes" to patch. If no resolutions are found, the .exe file may be encrypted.
To restore the original .exe file, run the patcher again and click "Yes" to restore from backup.
- The intro video may display a black screen on some systems. Simply click to skip the video.
- The main menu may stutter on some systems. This does not affect the game after starting or loading a city.
- The game has a tendency to crash to the desktop every once in a while. Save often!