Soundbar, notebook and Dolby Atmos/DTS problem
04-14-2023, 03:22 PM
Soundbar, notebook and Dolby Atmos/DTS problem
Hello,
I have the following problem: I have an Acer notebook that only has video output through HDMI. I use a Samsung HW Q950A soundbar as my computer sound and an external LG monitor.
The connection is made as follows: HDMI cable goes from the notebook to the eARC input of the soundbar and another HDMI cable goes to the monitor. In this configuration the audio works perfectly, but without being able to select Dolby Atmos and DTS.
I would like to be able to use Dolby Atmos and DTS and I can't configure it through Windows. When I connect the soundbar directly to the notebook I can use Dolby Atmos and DTS.
It turns out that Windows understands that the audio output is the monitor - obviously without Dolby and DTS support.
I am a beginner in the CRU program and would like to know if it is possible to make this work through CRU. If you have the solution I would be very happy. If you can bring me the tutorial it would help me a lot to understand how to do this in the application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2023, 06:06 PM (Last edited: 04-14-2023, 06:07 PM by ToastyX)
RE: Soundbar, notebook and Dolby Atmos/DTS problem
I would need the EDIDs to see what's going on. Export a file using CRU with the monitor and another file without the monitor, and post them here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply