Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
10-01-2013, 08:19 PM (Last edited: 10-02-2013, 10:50 PM by HellionGR)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Hello everyone,hello ToastyX.
I ve been using your Beta utility for quite some time now and i was very glad since it worked flawlessly on my 3xBenq Xl 2411t PORTRAIT on a Single Gtx 780 with 2xDVi and 1 Dual link Displayport to Dvi adapter setup.Before that i had major ghtmares trying to get every monitor in 3d mode so that all worked in surround together
The problem is that 331.40 beta driver came out yesterday for Battlefield 4 beta and its the 1st driver (at least from the ones i have tested and believe me that a lot betas), that when you set surround it installs a new EDID called NV 3x1
The issue is that if i use the 3 monitors in non surround mode they all work in 120hz strobbed
When i set surround my benqs only go in gaming mode cant get in 3d mode no matter what i try.
Best thing so far was installing once 331.4 over 326.80 without uninstallling old first or rebooting and strobing worked in surround up until i rebooted.When i rebooted oops strobing off .Tried of course installing ur utility on all edid edits Single Benq2411t digital and NV 3x1 entry.
If you could test this on another suround i would be glad.I think it crucial because nvidia will use that NV 3x1 EdiD ovveride entry from now on,on all beta-whql releases.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 02:36 AM (Last edited: 10-02-2013, 02:40 AM by kevindd992002)
(10-01-2013 07:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 03:23 PM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  Oh ok, I understand. I haven't tried that yet but when you say standard mode are you referring to Gamer 1 profile? Because the default gamer profile that the monitor uses is Gamer 1 profile.
There should be a Standard mode under Picture Advanced -> Picture Mode.

EDIT: I've seen Standard Mode already and tried it but I still experience the same issue. I don't think these Picture Modes have any significance to this issue since they aren't even used (greyed out) when LB is turned ON. What can I do next?
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
(10-02-2013 02:36 AM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  EDIT: I've seen Standard Mode already and tried it but I still experience the same issue. I don't think these Picture Modes have any significance to this issue since they aren't even used (greyed out) when LB is turned ON. What can I do next?
Make sure DDC/CI is enabled in the monitor's System menu.

I don't know what you can do about a problem that's built into the hardware. That's something BenQ needs to fix. I might include a workaround in the next version to keep track of the brightness.

For now, the only thing you can do is set the brightness manually in the monitor and don't change it through software.
10-02-2013, 03:47 PM
(10-01-2013 08:19 PM)HellionGR Wrote:  Best thing so far was installing once 331.4 over 326.80 without uninstallling old first or rebooting and strobing worked in surround up until i rebooted.When i rebooted oops strobing off .
Have you tried uninstalling GeForce Experience? I want to eliminate that as a possibility first.

(10-01-2013 08:19 PM)HellionGR Wrote:  Tried of course installing ur utility on all edid edits Single Benq2411t digital and NV 3x1 entry.
Where does it say digital? I don't think it's supposed to say that. Check the device manager under display adapters. Are there any mirror drivers or anything other than your video card?

(10-01-2013 08:19 PM)HellionGR Wrote:  If you could test this on another suround i would be glad.I think it crucial because nvidia will use that NV 3x1 EdiD ovveride entry from now on,on all beta-whql releases.
I don't have a way to test surround. NVIDIA doesn't allow 2-way surround, and 500-series cards can't handle three monitors at once. I'm not sure what I could do if the driver is not handling EDID overrides properly.
10-02-2013, 05:25 PM
(10-02-2013 03:43 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 02:36 AM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  EDIT: I've seen Standard Mode already and tried it but I still experience the same issue. I don't think these Picture Modes have any significance to this issue since they aren't even used (greyed out) when LB is turned ON. What can I do next?
Make sure DDC/CI is enabled in the monitor's System menu.

I don't know what you can do about a problem that's built into the hardware. That's something BenQ needs to fix. I might include a workaround in the next version to keep track of the brightness.

For now, the only thing you can do is set the brightness manually in the monitor and don't change it through software.

Alright, I'll check if DDC/CI is enabled. What does that feature do anyway?

What I don't understand is what is the difference between the software changing the brightness and manually changing it?
10-02-2013, 05:29 PM
(10-02-2013 05:25 PM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  Alright, I'll check if DDC/CI is enabled. What does that feature do anyway?

What I don't understand is what is the difference between the software changing the brightness and manually changing it?
DDC is how it talks to the monitor. There shouldn't be a difference between using the software and changing it manually. The monitor is not handling it correctly.
10-02-2013, 10:47 PM (Last edited: 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM by HellionGR)
Οk unistalled Geforce Experience... nothing.
Just reseted all entries and reinstall strobelight same.
Here is the surround crap nvidia thing(thumbnail)
Ill reinstall drivers now in order for driver to read the monitors again.

ToastyX more feedback...
Unistalled everything used also Driver Sweeper to be sure
Reinstalled clean 341.40 without geforce Experience
Rebooted
Strobelight configuration utility run
this what i get
[Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img11/5756/v85d.jpg]

So i choose BenqXl2411t not Nv 3x1 to setup
Reboot.Works on 1 monitor 3D mode
Go to surround enable surround this is the weird thing now
All monitors enable go to gaming mode but the middle one(original with 3D installed) has a flicker effect which is quite obvious.
I go to your taskbar reinitialize monitors with strobelight and all go in 3D mode.By the way now in nvidia control panel>change resolution i have 3240*1920 and i can select 120-121hz which are the strobbed non strobbed.
Of course im not happy at all when i reboot it will remove those two entries and will have 60-144hz all non strobbed and override ur tool.
Any thoughts?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Having an issue, forgive me if it's a repeat:

Initializing the display is not enabling lightboost. After installing a strobed refresh rate, I have to run the 3dvision wizard to get it on (light on the 2420tx).

I'm concerned if I try amd cards, I will have this issue.
10-03-2013, 04:24 AM
I finally got this working correctly with all the UFO Tests. My problem was not having hardware acceleration on in the browser, and also having a secondary monitor that runs at 60hz. I turned the secondary monitor off and also changed the hardware acceleration to on. Sure enough the browser tests were showing 120fps/120hz. I have a question about in-game performance though.

So since having another monitor on, that is running a lower frequency, bugs the UFO tests...does it not also affect in-game strobing as well? I've tried testing games with the secondary monitor on/off and also strobing on/off, but I'm just not sure. Has anyone else tried this?
10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
(10-02-2013 10:47 PM)HellionGR Wrote:  So i choose BenqXl2411t not Nv 3x1 to setup
Reboot.Works on 1 monitor 3D mode
It should have worked on all three monitors, but maybe the program skipped changing the refresh rate on startup because it saw that one monitor was already set. Turning on strobing manually should fix that.

(10-02-2013 10:47 PM)HellionGR Wrote:  Go to surround enable surround this is the weird thing now
All monitors enable go to gaming mode but the middle one(original with 3D installed) has a flicker effect which is quite obvious.
I go to your taskbar reinitialize monitors with strobelight and all go in 3D mode.By the way now in nvidia control panel>change resolution i have 3240*1920 and i can select 120-121hz which are the strobbed non strobbed.
Of course im not happy at all when i reboot it will remove those two entries and will have 60-144hz all non strobbed and override ur tool.
Any thoughts?
That's weird. I don't see why it would work the first time, but then stop working after rebooting.

NVIDIA's driver bugs are starting to frustrate me. They already have several bugs related to EDID overrides, and now they added another when Surround is involved. This is something NVIDIA needs to fix.

For now, you might be able to work around the problem by manually adding the custom resolutions using the NVIDIA control panel. You can get the values from CRU.