Strobelight brightness settings not working
10-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Strobelight brightness settings not working
Once I started using Strobelight for blur reduction I quickly realized the brightness settings within were more suited for me than using Flux. I did try the searching the forum but found nothing related to my problem..

Strobing is functional and will pass blur tests... but now when I try to change brightness there's no change. I would frequently use 10%, which is a drastic change... I'm not seeing any change whatsoever. I think it's something on my end, and probably something simple I've overlooked. Any help is appreciated.

Using:
Windows 10
R9 290 latest drivers
Asus VG248QE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2015, 04:47 AM
RE: Strobelight brightness settings not working
Are you sure strobing is functional? If the strobe brightness won't change, either the monitor is not actually strobing, which usually means the refresh rates are not installed, or there's an issue communicating with the monitor, but then Strobelight should report "No compatible displays found." Keep in mind that the Strobelight icon is only a refresh rate indicator. It has no way of knowing if the monitor is actually strobing. The monitor's OSD should say "3D-Mode" if the monitor is strobing.

If strobing is active but the strobe brightness is not changing, then that's a new problem I haven't seen before. Have you checked using the icon's menu vs. using the hotkeys? I just want to make sure this isn't a hotkey timeout issue.

I don't know what driver version you're using, but some people are having issues with Strobelight not detecting the monitor with R9 290 cards and 15.7.1. Supposedly this is fixed in the newer beta drivers. Try the 15.10 beta driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...-beta.aspx
10-18-2015, 03:06 PM (Last edited: 10-18-2015, 03:08 PM by John0nly)
RE: Strobelight brightness settings not working
First, thank you for taking time to help me out, I appreciate it.

Was using 15.7.1, should've clarified which driver, my mistake.

I was under the impression it was functional, on setup I installed 120hz strobed... it was successful and I wasn't met with any notice of 'No compatible displays', at least not that I can recall. Either I was unaware of the 3D Mode indicator in OSD or it had slipped my mind, but it wasn't on. I read that a successful UFO motion test (among the other tests) validated that Strobelight was working correctly, is this not the case? As I stated above, I my test was Valid.

To anyone else experiencing the same thing...after installing the working driver you'll need to *run Strobelight setup and Reset display/uninstall...then reinstall your refresh rates. Everything is now working as it should be!

Again, thank you ToastX.. your work and gesture here won't go unrewarded.