Stuttering when using displayport
03-31-2017, 02:04 AM
Stuttering when using displayport
I purchased a 1080 TI FE and when I installed it I noticed they did not have DVI-D ports, it has three displayports and one HDMI 2.0. I am using dual monitors Asus VG248QE and Asus VG278H previously which were hooked up on my 970 through DVI-D at 144Hz and 120Hz. The VG278H does not have a displayport and the 1080 TI came with a single link DP to DVI adapter (single link only capable of 60Hz), so I have one monitor connected through display port at 144Hz and the other with the adapter at 60Hz, This is when the stuttering started.

I get stuttering when launching Mobius that I never got through DVI. I thought maybe I should sync the refresh rate and drop the 144Hz monitor to 60Hz but this did not change the results. I tested hooking up a single monitor and the displayport monitor at 144Hz stuttered but the one using the DP to DVI adapter did not. I then tried using the HDMI port on the monitor that was using the displayport and no stuttering occurred, I even tested HDMI on one and DP the DVI adapter on the other and no stuttering happened. I then thought maybe it is the actual port on the monitor but before purchasing and testing a brand new monitor ill try a new displayport cable but that was not different. I decided whatever ill try a new monitor and i purchased and returned an Acer KG240 that is the same capabilities as my VG248QE, sadly same results. I know these are not 2k or 4k monitors and I have been waiting to upgrade for a few more months but I do not understand what makes displayport stutter when DVI-D at the same resolutions and refresh rate did not.

Here is a video of it - https://youtu.be/0pRP_kkdSiE

Other things I tried.
*Clean install of drivers
*Clean install of windows 10
*Vsync on/off
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply