Updating Drivers
12-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Updating Drivers
Toasty,

I think I know the answer but I wanted to confirm it with you. When we update the driver, do we have to re run all of the patchers etc to overclock again? Essentially do we have to start from scratch?

What is the latest Nvidia driver that your patcher has been tested with?

I have two EVGA 4 gb 680's in SLI. Do you have a recommendation as to which is the best driver for my Tempest 2700 OC? I am using 306.97 currently.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: Updating Drivers
Yes, you have to run the patcher again, but you don't need to enable test mode again if it's already enabled, and you shouldn't have to add the resolutions again unless you do a clean install. If you're using CRU, you can copy and paste from the old entry to the new one if necessary.

The patcher should work with 310.70. I don't have any recommendations as to which version to use.
02-20-2013, 03:53 AM
(12-21-2012 08:02 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Yes, you have to run the patcher again, but you don't need to enable test mode again if it's already enabled, and you shouldn't have to add the resolutions again unless you do a clean install. If you're using CRU, you can copy and paste from the old entry to the new one if necessary.

The patcher should work with 310.70. I don't have any recommendations as to which version to use.

Could someone please confirm that the Nvidia Pixel Clock app, works with todays update 314.07
I don't want to fry my 2x 680gtx;s on SLI
02-20-2013, 09:23 AM
It finds all the values, so it should work. It won't fry anything. It just changes some limits.
02-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Toasty, I trust your APP, I just didn't want to use it again, have it not work and destroy 1k worth of cards lol. Smile