CRU - Hard Reset ??
10-05-2020, 04:33 PM
CRU - Hard Reset ??
Hello.

I dont know if anyone can help me out with a problem i have with CRU, soo the problem as it follows.
I installed CRU soo i could overclock my 60hz monitor to 75hz until the 144hz monitor order arrived, it worked fine, when my 144hz monitor arrived i didnt want to overclocked (it was new and i didnt need to) but automatically my new monitor was overcloked to 165hz, at first was no worrys, i simply selected 144hz on windows settings.
Here we arrive on my problem, some games force the max hz the monitor can get on resolution (Soo 165hz) and i dont want it too, i tried deleting CRU (didnt work) and reseting Windows (didnt work either), Does anyone knows how to reverse the overclock that CRU is doing soo the MAX HZ be 144 (what monitor should have).

Thank you for the help.Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2020, 05:28 PM
RE: CRU - Hard Reset ??
The 165 Hz is a feature of the monitor, not something CRU is doing. There should be an option in the monitor's menus somewhere. CRU doesn't affect monitors that you didn't edit, and running reset-all.exe resets all monitors back to default. CRU doesn't affect the hardware, so nothing would persist after resetting Windows.
10-05-2020, 05:38 PM
RE: CRU - Hard Reset ??
(10-05-2020 05:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The 165 Hz is a feature of the monitor, not something CRU is doing. There should be an option in the monitor's menus somewhere. CRU doesn't affect monitors that you didn't edit, and running reset-all.exe resets all monitors back to default. CRU doesn't affect the hardware, so nothing would persist after resetting Windows.

Thanks for the quick response.

I thought it might be CRU because the monitor i bought is advertised as 144hz, but it should be an option or just a good feature that i didnt know about the monitor Smile. Thank you anyway.