AMD FirePro W4100, HDMI, Dell U2711, Help achieving full resolution with CRU
01-21-2019, 07:20 AM
AMD FirePro W4100, HDMI, Dell U2711, Help achieving full resolution with CRU
I have three Dell U2711 monitors connected to my computer, but one has some issues and doesn't run at full resolution for some reason (more information here: https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/...#M119150). In particular there are issues with the DisplayPort input, so I am trying to use it with HDMI at full resolution, and I've just tried to use CRU to achieve that, but couldn't get the 2560x1440 resolution to show up in the display settings.

So could someone please guide me to use CRU correctly with the right settings to work with my computer? I did find this page: https://paste.jvnv.net/full/jk1zX with some settings to try, but still no luck. Let me know if you need more information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2019, 06:16 PM
RE: AMD FirePro W4100, HDMI, Dell U2711, Help achieving full resolution with CRU
Is there an HDMI data block in the extension block? If not, have you tried adding one? If that doesn't help, you might need this patch: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher
01-22-2019, 10:53 AM (Last edited: 01-22-2019, 10:57 AM by benanna88)
RE: AMD FirePro W4100, HDMI, Dell U2711, Help achieving full resolution with CRU
Thanks for your reply Toasty. I checked and I do have an HDMI data block in the extension block (screenshot: https://ibb.co/sbRYsqc ), and so I installed the patch and then redid the custom resolution and restarted the drivers, but it's still not giving me a higher resolution. Is there any other settings I might need to change? Or would it be helpful to post any other screenshots?
01-22-2019, 09:46 PM
You need to edit the HDMI data block and change the maximum TMDS clock to 340 MHz.
01-23-2019, 09:54 AM
That did it! Thanks very much.
02-28-2021, 09:17 AM (Last edited: 02-28-2021, 09:18 AM by victorl)
(01-22-2019 10:53 AM)benanna88 Wrote:  Thanks for your reply Toasty. I checked and I do have an HDMI data block in the extension block (screenshot: https://ibb.co/sbRYsqc ), and so I installed the patch and then redid the custom resolution and restarted the drivers, but it's still not giving me a higher resolution. Is there any other settings I might need to change? Or would it be helpful to post any other screenshots?
Hi benanna88, I have the exact problem:
short story: using hdmi to dvi adaptor (I also have a hdmi to dvi cable, but it is single link), both only give me 1680x1650. My HDMI should output 1080p, I tested it on another full HD monitor and works using HDMI.

long story: For whatever reason, I always get no signal in u2711's HDMI port. u2711 seems detects cable is plug in, but pop up a screen saying no signal from your computer blabla. So I tried a HDMI to DP to see if I can use the DP port, same problem and message. Now I am trying my last option, HDMI to DVI. result already mentioned above.

where do I find this extension block? I am using windows8.1 64 bit
laptop: HP ENVY dv6
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
I only have VGA and HDMI output ports, so HDMI is my only chance to get 2560 full res on u2711. Even 1080p will be fine.
Thanks
03-01-2021, 03:15 AM (Last edited: 03-01-2021, 03:18 AM by benanna88)
Hi victorl, I'm no expert when it comes to this sort of thing, but firstly, have you tried HDMI to HDMI with your u2711? You said you have HDMI output, but I didn't see anywhere that you said you'd tried it directly to the HDMI port on the monitor. That should give you Full HD, and from there you can try using CRU. It sounds to me like cables are the issue at the moment, apart from the fact that you tried it with another monitor and it worked so I'm no sure. Also if that gets it working at Full HD and you have a newer NVIDIA card, you may not need CRU at all. Hope that helps.

Sorry I just re-read your post and now I understand why you're not using HDMI directly. Sounds like your monitor isn't working properly, same as my dodgy one. Might be time to upgrade. I'm also selling two of mine, depending on where you are.
03-01-2021, 11:51 AM
(03-01-2021 03:15 AM)benanna88 Wrote:  Hi victorl, I'm no expert when it comes to this sort of thing, but firstly, have you tried HDMI to HDMI with your u2711? You said you have HDMI output, but I didn't see anywhere that you said you'd tried it directly to the HDMI port on the monitor. That should give you Full HD, and from there you can try using CRU. It sounds to me like cables are the issue at the moment, apart from the fact that you tried it with another monitor and it worked so I'm no sure. Also if that gets it working at Full HD and you have a newer NVIDIA card, you may not need CRU at all. Hope that helps.

Sorry I just re-read your post and now I understand why you're not using HDMI directly. Sounds like your monitor isn't working properly, same as my dodgy one. Might be time to upgrade. I'm also selling two of mine, depending on where you are.

thx for the reply. Yea, tried HDMI, no signal, same for DP. DVI works, kind of. The color acuracy is great for this monitor, I will still use it to check color, but will get a 4k one for main display. Where do you find the HDMI data block in the extension block?